Indiana Winter Ukulele Get-away Jan 2017

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Mainland Ukes and Brown County Inn are hosting the Brown County Ukulele Festival in Nashville Indiana, January 27-29th 2017. This is the first year and it will be what I'm calling a "dry-run". Discounted rooms, jam space and an open mic at the bar. No admission fee. This event is in part a dry run to gauge the level of interest for a real ukulele festival in January 2018. Please join us for jams and good times. Brown County Inn will be reserving rooms for us at the discounted rate of $79 + tax. Rooms will be held until 1/13/2017. Calll 1-800-772-5249 to reserve your room or email: browncountyinn.com The promo Code for the discounted rate is 4995

I just found this, and it does sound really interesting. I'm in Hope, less than an hour away.

My wife is interested in hopping down there with me. Maybe I can get my daughter to go also.

Time to start packing!

Time to start packing!

I keep telling myself I need to bring _____. My car is full. And then I remember I'm flying. Sorry, Faricelli, no beer.

We have an excellent show planned each night for the Corn Crib, a combination of short concerts, strum-alongs and open mic.
Saturday, Pete McCarty from Ky is doing a beginner's workshop at noon and Barrett Haselwood from Chicago is doing an intermediate workshop at 1:30.

Not too late to make plans. I think the Brown County Inn is close to capacity, but Salt Creek Inn and Comfort Inn are very close by.

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday. Look me up if we have not met. I like to be able to put a forum name and a face together. I should be easy to find. Look for a bald 5 ft 3in, 70ish guy with a chin beard and a nameplate on that says Steve. See you there.

We had an excellent time there!!! The evening shows were amazing. We met some wonderful people, Brownsville is a wonderful little town. The Brownsville in a nice place to stay

On Satuday AM my lady and I went to Mainland Ukes. That was interesting. I never realized they were such a small company. Mainland Mike is a great guy and he his wife were very helpful. I came in looking for a mango concert, and walked out with a red cedar baritone. The darn thing spoke to me. It has such an amazing sound. I can get some crazy tonal variations from it. I love it. And Mainland Mike tells me strings it with Guadalupe Strings. I checked them out online. Not cheap.

Only complaints about the hotel is that the shower water was barely warm. (It was a lot warmer this am) and we didn't find the coffee pot until this am as we were about to leave (it was in the bedside stand).

The hotel people told me they were sold out and all but 10 rooms were festival goers.

Anyway, it was a weekend well spent.

Top Bottom