Xmas - what are you going to buy yourself?

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
A little fun thread before we actually have to start thinking about Xmas.

Having bought myself so many new ukes & some new harps this year already - I don't think I should buy any more - at least not until next year. ;)

What are you going to buy yourself for Xmas?

(In my case it's Hanukkah gifts) I've already bought myself two junior guitars that I'm going to convert to mini basses in the next few weeks, an ESP LTD F-Junior and a Yamaha APXT2 Junior to be a bass uke. I also found a dealer in China who says his manufacturer can make me any style bass I want to my exact specs for about $300. Very likely going to take him up on that in the next few weeks for a mini Gibson SG EB-0 and maybe followed by a Rickenbacker 325 guitar style mini bass.

Last edited:
I put the word out that I would like Santa to bring me an Orion Telescope to look at the stars. We will have to see what shows up under the tree though. I have a lot of people giving me their present lists, so from the looks of things I probably won't be buying anything for myself. That's okay, I have just about everything I want, except for an Orion telescope.:D

I MIGHT buy a new fake book for ukulele - Gospel or Worship (I already have the hymn one).

No, no! I think I will buy that Fingerstyle book from Etsy by Aaron Keim. Yep, that is what I will buy. Any other extra money will go to pay down debt . . .

(Just bought a Pono (Mango soprano) this summer so I don't need another uke - plus I have three different sets of strings to try on it, so I can play with that!)

Can't decide -tenor opio or clearwater round back bari or a kiwaya ks1...

Or the ibanez tenor guitar

Or I could save the money for a couple of years and get a blackbird farralon

I'd like a fretless banjo, but I guess I oughta learn to play what I've got first. :eek:ld:

That is a road to misery - you don't have what you're interested in and you feel bad about not playing what you do have - which depresses your interested in playing anything. I've been there. I bought a banjo and played for a while until I figured out that uke just fit better with the rest of my life - cost me $400 and was was worth every penny.

That is a road to misery - you don't have what you're interested in and you feel bad about not playing what you do have - which depresses your interested in playing anything. I've been there. I bought a banjo and played for a while until I figured out that uke just fit better with the rest of my life - cost me $400 and was was worth every penny.

Well, I have lotsa musical instruments. If and when I get tired of battling one, I can switch to another one. I play different wind instruments and string instruments. There's always somthin' to blatt or whack.

But I don't have a fretless banjo -- sigh . . . :eek:ld:

No ukes this xmas - I'm happy with what I have. Enjoy it while it lasts haha. But I am going to get myself a new watch. Nothing schmancy. But it could be the start of a new hobby. Right now I'm still trying to narrow down my choices for a possible (probable) Black Friday purchase.

Top Bottom