Kala ukes, discounted on WOOT.com, expires soon

Booli

Reaction score
I found these today, not sure how much of a discount they are from normal prices, but they very seldom have musical instruments listed.

Also, I do not see the actual Kala model number in the description, so it might be difficult to find the exact model as per the specs on Kala's web site.

Kala Satin Mahogany Electric Ukulele $91
https://www.woot.com/offers/kala-satin-mahogany-electric-ukulele

535ffc63-c737-4a19-b08a-f3c058fc54d0._SX588_CR0,541,588,441_.png

Kala Pacif. Wal. Tenor Acous. Ukulele $92.49
http://www.woot.com/offers/kala-pacif-wal-tenor-acous-ukulele

3d8243a6-50d7-4239-a0fc-1a94b65eae67._SX588_CR0,73,588,441_.png

Kala Solid Acacia Concert Ukulele $205.99
https://www.woot.com/offers/kala-solid-acacia-concert-ukulele

a7df2a0d-3a79-47e2-a7eb-523ad6f2c302.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for the tip. I put an order in for the acacia model. I'll take it to my (luthier) friend for a proper setup. Hoping for a decent instrument from Woot (fingers crossed).

Nice price on that solid acacia model. All gone!

My Woot! order was delivered today. Thought I'd post pics to say thanks again for posting the deal. The solid acacia model is nice looking and very resonant. Nice bookbinding shows a little blonde on the edges and a little curl on the sides. Well built throughout, clean inside and beautiful sounding. I got a winner here!

IMAG3072.jpg

IMAG3073.jpg

IMAG3078.jpg

My Woot! order was delivered today. Thought I'd post pics to say thanks again for posting the deal. The solid acacia model is nice looking and very resonant. Nice bookbinding shows a little blonde on the edges and a little curl on the sides. Well built throughout, clean inside and beautiful sounding. I got a winner here!

I'm glad to know that someone actually got some benefit from my posting this thread.

Looks like you got a winner there for sure :)

Thanks for posting your comment and I hope the new Kala brings you lots of fun and happiness :music:

The clasps are different. The one in mardi's post has the 3 loop clasps and the one in your link has 3 of the regular ones that just snap down. I've seen the ones with the 3 regular clasps in several places but I haven't seen the 3 loop clasp cases anywhere.

Aye - you are correct about the clasps in the photos, and somehow I missed that, yet the two concert cases and single baritone case that I bought from GC and from the very same links in that thread, not even 1 month ago, in fact have the hoop clasps just like in mardi's photos, and I must be somewhat blind, because until your post just now, I did not even notice...

mea culpa

but I prefer the hoop clasps as opposed to the stamped ones, as the hoop clasps seem more sturdy to me (I have other cases with the clasps that come down like in the photos on the other thread).

also, I had an older case (15 yrs old) with the hoop clasps and one clasp broke (it was half open and I kicked it by accident when walking past it, and it snapped in half), which I replaced the hoop part, with a small length of carefully bent wire-hanger (and has worked great since the repair now for 3 yrs).

The other clasps that are in those GC photos seem to be stamped tin, similar to an Altoids mint tin, but you'd need the template form to make another from raw materials unless you could buy a replacement like from Penn Elcom or Penn Fabrication...

Decades ago when I was trying to play guitar, I had a case with the stamped standard clasps and they were adequate, but seemed kind of cheap and at times would catch on things and come open so I wasn't very confident in them. I bought a case just like the one in the link above with the hoop clasps around 3 years ago and I thought it was an outstanding case for the money. I've been contemplating getting a new uke and if I did, I would want a case just like it with the hoop clasps. But now that we're talking about this, I just remembered my experience when ordering the Musician's Friend case. I needed a case for my Ohana and learned of these cases here and loved everything about them ---- except the standard clasps pictured on the web site. I couldn't find anything else at a comparable price and funds were tight at the time so I resigned myself to settling for a case with the standard clasps. When I received the case in the mail I now remember being shocked that it had the hoop clasps and I couldn't have been more pleased! It's just kind of weird that what they are selling isn't what's reflected in the picture of the case. I'd think that an accurate picture with the hoop clasps would only help them sell more of them.

Top Bottom