Thread: Concert, Tenor & Baritone cases on sale @ GC

Default Concert, Tenor & Baritone cases on sale @ GC

I recently got one of these in concert and baritone size. Last year I got one of the tenor size when they went on sale at that time.

They are nice cases for the money, but you have to air them out for a few days with a fan blowing across the fur with the top open in order to get rid of the glue smell.

They are about the same price as the Kala Uke-Crazy style canvas-covered hard foam cases at these prices...

Musician's Gear Concert Ukulele Case Black - $29
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musician...kulele-Case.gc

Musician's Gear Tenor Ukulele Case Black - $39

Musician's Gear Baritone Ukulele Case Black - $34

If you are looking for a nice, cheap, hard case, IMHO these are a good buy.

I gain no benefit from posting this info, just passing a long what I've found in the hope that others might benefit.

Mahalo, Booli
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

I've got a concert size...........well built for the $

I concur. Ridiculous price for the baritone.

I did have to cut the foam of the neck block piece just a little in order for the uke to sit, as is the neck sits very high, but it was a super easy fix and modification. You unscrew the neck block, cut off a little foam from the bottom, rescrew, and the uke should sit better.
    Koaloha Tenor 2016
    Hoffman ML ebony/red spruce tenor
    Mya-Moe redwood/walnut tenor
    Stansell Myrtle and POC flamenco baritone
    Hoffmann A style cedar maple tenor

Quote Originally Posted by Recstar24 View Post
    I concur. Ridiculous price for the baritone.

I did have to cut the foam of the neck block piece just a little in order for the uke to sit, as is the neck sits very high, but it was a super easy fix and modification. You unscrew the neck block, cut off a little foam from the bottom, rescrew, and the uke should sit better.
    I went the other route, instead of modifying the neck block, which is easy enough since it unscrews from both sides, the baritone case I got for my Cordoba Mini, which fits perfectly save for this issue. What I did instead was to put a layer of EVA foam under the body as it rests on it's back such that the neck now is parallel in the case, instead of dangerously at a 15 degree angle with the lid pressing on the headstock (not good).

The EVA foam is sold cheaply in 4 pieces of these 2ft interlocking tiles, either in crayola colors for a kids room playmat, or in grey or black for a shop or garage. I have use this EVA foam to customise many cases and it it very high density yet easy to cut and flexible to fit.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Exercise-Puzzle-Mat/49967562
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

Hey, a quick note that these went up in price but they are currently 25% off...
    Nice post, Booli. You are always so helpful to others.
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype GBP soprano, Peter Howlett #153
    Weymann soprano, 20's or 30's?
    Martin O, 1961
    Kiwaya KTS-7
    Kala KA-ASOV-S
    Koaloha KCM-00
    Kanile'a K1 Concert
    Kamaka 1969 Tiki Concert
    Larrivee UT40MHO spruce/hog Tenor
    Kamaka HF-3 Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by ukeinfused View Post
    Hey, a quick note that these went up in price but they are currently 25% off...
    Nice post, Booli. You are always so helpful to others.
    Thanks Tracie

Yes, price went up since then, as they are all now $49 as per when I checked this morning, but with coupon code save25, it comes out to $37.49, which is still a good price. Since it is a new and not used item, slow shipping is free.

hmm...now you've got me thinking if I need another case LOL - CAS - [C]ase [A]cquisition [S]yndrome?

Not sure I can justify the cost of a Crossrock or Ameritage case when for me all the case does is protect the ukes at home, and keep the humidity better with the soundhole humidifier in the winter, since most of my ukes do not travel often...

Those ABS (Kala) and Fiberglass (Crossrock) cases sure are sexy tho, but more $$ required to obtain...
    Just the FAQs
    -T. S. Eliot

Thread Information