aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Nice. Thank you. That uke sounds like a real keeper and just moved to the top of my tenor radar.

Hello Baz,

I listened to the sound section of the review and quickly scanned over it ... does this have a radius fretboard?

I couldn't see it on their site ... so I assume no.

Thanks.

Stunning! Really great.

@Sam13 - no the fretboard isn't radiused.

Wow....just wow!:drool:

Nice review. I really like the look and sound of this ukulele. The Swiss spruce with Rosewood looks great Can't find a North American dealer? This looks like a winner.....just wondering what usd$ price would be? Thanks

Hmm I wonder if the binding isnt a reference to tides, seeing the uke has a moon theme.

No-one? mmm ... I'm thinking of selling my Koaloha longneck concert for one. Good move?

I got mine 4/2017 and I love it. It is my favorite and I will never sell it.

The offset sound hole takes its design from the Robin Birds eye. The rounder body from the chubby Robins chest.

aNueNue means Rainbow in Hawaiian, the Rainbow man is a well known Hawaiian petroglyph (had to google that one). The arc above in the logo shows that he radiates wisdom, power, responsibility. A keeper of the land and its people.

I can't find anything about what the moon part represents??

Anyway, I have one of these coming today from Matt, at World of Ukes. Can't wait to get my hands on it. First venture into a more high end Ukulele.

I can't find anything about what the moon part represents??

Perhaps this is picking up the fact that they are using Swiss Moon Spruce for the top. This wood is harvested according to the moon calendar, and many say that it has special tonal qualities. I don't know if that's true, but Beau Hannam has built a tenor with Swiss Moon Spruce for my wife, and it's the best sounding instrument we have.

Perhaps this is picking up the fact that they are using Swiss Moon Spruce for the top. This wood is harvested according to the moon calendar, and many say that it has special tonal qualities. I don't know if that's true, but Beau Hannam has built a tenor with Swiss Moon Spruce for my wife, and it's the best sounding instrument we have.

Yes that makes sense. Really is a lovely Spruce in tone and looks.

Top Bottom