Season of the Ukulele 249: You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hello, Seasonistas!

I'm a bit stunned we haven't had a Season paying tribute to the newly dubbed Nobel Laureate in Literature, Bob Dylan. So we shall!

Part 1 of the Season is simple: Post a video (played by you) of any song written or performed by Bob Dylan.

Part 2 is a reprise of the last Season I hosted, No. 221: O Canada (part deaux). The Grey Cup finals are Sunday the 27th, eh? Post a video of a song written or recorded by a Canadian that was NOT performed in Season 221. Playlist below so you know what NOT to do!

Oh, Canada, Part Deaux Playlist!

Part 3: original songs about Bob Dylan or Nobel prizes or Canada. Or something easily relatable.

Limit of three entries total, please. Mix and match among the categories, but no more than three.

PRIZES: I thought about a Dylan CD or another CD of Canadian music, but instead the winner will get an Amazon gift card to spend as you will.

Runners-up will get something from my collection of stickers, buttons, and cards.

Also, everyone wins this week, as I will make a donation in the name of the Seasonistas to the relief efforts for the North Carolina communities devastated by the current wildfires (and the firefighters battling them).

Usual rules for posts apply: Midnight Sunday HST through 11:59 p.m. HST Sunday the 27th.

The uke should be the star but effects, multitracking, etc., are fine.

REMEMBER: You still have time to enter Doug's awesome Protest Song Season!

Have fun, and don't think twice, it's all right.

Season 249 Playlist!

Well its about time someone got to a BD seasons. Been waiting for years. I sure hope I have the time this week to get something done :)

And another, this was covered by U2 and Bono live on several occasions. Here is my take on I shall be released by Bob Dylan.

Never posted three videos in a row before (I think), but here is my last one for this week, from the Dylan Album I really love, Time Out of Mind (Which was produced by Daniel Lanois), here is my take on the first track of that Album, Lovesick:

Season 249. Submission 1 "If Not For You" (Bob Dylan, from the album "New Morning" - 1970)

This is not the same arrangement that Dylan used, but this is the arrangement that I have been practicing a lot in the past week and performed for the first time yesterday at the nursing home. I think everyone was surprised that I actually played some simple fiddly bits between the stanzas. This was on Dylan's first album, released in 1962.

This is the first Dylan song I ever heard. I think I was nine.

My usual raw, couch potato offering.........this time Dylans 'Make you feel my love'

Top Bottom