Season of the Ukulele 249: You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

One of my favorite records ever was born in Vancouver. This song is from it, and I am accompanied by Melissa washing something and the dog and her squeaky toy.
Because that is how we roll

Apologies for the attempted Spanish

For the Canadian part. Neil Young's "Out on the Weekend", or an honest attempt anyway. A little hiccough at the end, and the F#7 still needs practice, but oh well. Thanks again fir a great season Rick. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

So here's my Canadian cover - A song for a winter's night, by Gordon Lightfoot. Probably won't get to writing my own as the Holiday is upon me and there's baking, baking baking to do!! Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

So far this week has been a joke trying to find any time to record a song. If it was any other time Id be all over this week. Ive waited for a BD season and I just don't have the time to do anything more than this quick take of a familiar song.

Just a note to let you know I listened through the playlist while I washed all the windows today. No time to comment on each individual song but everyone is bringing some great stuff.

No time to comment on each individual song but everyone is bringing some great stuff.
I've gotta give a shout out to the newest Intakes to the seasons in particular, they're bringing some amazing stuff, well done guys.

Happy Thanksgiving to all across the pond ........and don't forget to stuff that turkey before he moves into the White House. x

Last edited:
My introduction to Bob Dylan came from the Freewheelin' Album. It took a bit of getting past his voice at first but the songs were fabulous. This song comes from that album.

IMO, his songs were never as consistently good as on those early albums.

Last edited:
And one for the Canada list. True this song has been overdone and some of the recordings are pretty awful. It's still an excellent song but by the time some of those who recorded it have dragged it out with unending "Hallelujahs" at the end and practised unnecessary vocal histrionics on it, I'm not surprised some are pretty fed up of it. I hope my version doesn't offend too much.

Here's one from his Planet Waves album, although to be honest I am a lot more familiar with the version that Mannfred Mann's Earthband did in 1979.

I wasn't going to do another but I was inspired by Janet Tolin's fine cover to try a simpler cover of my own. I'm probably covering The Byrds cover of Dylan's Mr Tambourine Man, hope that makes sense :)

This is a very special song to me. On my 13th birthday I received my first FM radio. It was a Sunday night and surfing around the radio I found WMMR in Philadelphia. Gene Shay was the disc Jockey and he was interviewing a Canadian Woman by the Name of Joni Mitchell. She payed this song! I remember it as the first song I heard on the FM Band! Joni Liked to play here guitar in an open tuning. This song is dedicated to my friend BEVOMU who likes to play in open tuning too!

Distant Camera - Neil Young. This is for Oh, Canada, Part Deux. Trying to hit all three parts for this season, but I don't know if I can get a song written & recorded by the end of the week.

"I'll Remember You" (1985) by Bob Dylan. From album "Empire Burlesque".

Top Bottom