'Tis the season

janeray1940

Reaction score
Figured the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S. is the official start of the Winter Holiday Season, so what better time to re-post the instrumental Christmas carols medley we recorded last year.

We are working on two new songs, and hope to have video of those soon!

That was an absolutely lovely performance of a well arranged Christmas medley ... My hats off to y'all !
Happy Holidays and Cheers!

Lovely medley - I'm trying to get all the songs (I will be playing at a local Yarn Shop on December 11, and woefully have no Holiday music in my daily memorized repertoire, which means I need to get lyrics and chord progressions printed out really soon!) listed - here's what I recognized:

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
The First Noel
God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
Good King Wenceslaus
Joy To The World
Deck The Halls
Gloria In Excelsis Deo
Twelve Days of Christmas

Did I miss anything?

I'm also trying to work out "I heard The Bells On Christmas Day", but there are at least 2 or 3 different melodies set to that poem... and I seem to alternate between two of them, without realizing it...

-Kurt​

Just checked my email... I'm also playing at the local Farmer's Market tomorrow, so I'll have to start working on those songs when I get home from work at midnight tonight!

That was an absolutely lovely performance of a well arranged Christmas medley ... My hats off to y'all !
Happy Holidays and Cheers!

Excellent group performance. :)

(Look forward to any more you do.)

...here's what I recognized:

Hark the Herald Angels Sing
The First Noel
God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
Good King Wenceslaus
Joy To The World
Deck The Halls
Gloria In Excelsis Deo
Twelve Days of Christmas

Did I miss anything?

Thanks all, appreciate the comments :)

Good ear, Kurt - I don't think you missed a thing. Have fun playing those carols at the farmer's market - sounds so very festive!

Since I have yet to record anything new (sigh), I figured I'd give this one a bump for the season. Happy holidays UU!

Very nicely done! We are trying to learn arrangements like this of 6 Christmas tunes. So far, we're doing fairly well. Last night we got up and did DingDong Merrily on High in our open mic.
1st time we've done a strictly instrumental and it turned out great!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Top Bottom