Not so much a suggestion as a question

Barbablanca

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
and that question is: How the heck do you recover your password?

Hi there,

I have a friend who joined the forum some time back. He didn't contribute much, but this week he wanted to post a song to the Seasons of the Ukulele thread. However, he had forgotten the password he used and so he attempted to go through the procedure suggested on the forum to recover it.

Unfortunately that procedure currently consists of putting your email address in one box and answering what is described as a random question. That question is: "What is this forum about?" - The obvious answer is Ukuleles. But that gets "Not the correct answer" and you can therefore not advance further in your quest to recover your password.

What can my friend do now to recover his password?

Incidentally using a different browser I attempted the same procedure and fell at the same hurdle. How can you have a random question that doesn't accept an obvious answer or even a random answer? The answer is not communication, nor dogs, nor Hawaii ;)

... That question is: "What is this forum about?" - The obvious answer is Ukuleles.

That is the correct answer, but you have to use the singular form of the word. Leave off the 's' and you'll receive an email with a link to reset your password.

Thanks GT. I'll tell him that, but don't you think you should expand the answer to include the plural and derivatives like ukes? And if the whole point of the exercise is to foil bots, then a clue wouldn't have gone amiss, would it? Something along the lines of Hint- It's the singular of our beloved instrument.

Actually, ʻukulele does not have an s on the end of the word.

The way it is used in a sentence identifies whether it's singular or plural.

It's the same with wahine, kāne and keiki.

It's made from two words:

ʻuku = flea

lele = Jump

Top Bottom