after the event report

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
I had the privilege of attending a couple of Concerts by Kimo Hussey this past weekend.

on Sat, Dec 3rd, Kimo played several Eric Devine (Maui, HI) ukuleles which sounded fantastic! Wonderful player who wanted to focus our attention on the ukes he was playing. Everything sounded wonderful. This was up in Lynnwood, WA.

on Sun, Dec 4th, Wilsonville, OR, Kimo featured ukuleles made by Kerry Char of Portland. Again, fantastic sounding ukuleles, at least one, the 'NUI' was a prototype, large body, 19" scale Tenor.

both events were well attended with the Wilsonville group being almost double the size of the Lynnwood event. Several Portland ukulele groups were represented. Actually some were from surrounding cities, but all in the greater Portland area.

I had the privilege of leading a Holiday Kanikapila/Jam after Kimo's Wilsonville Concert, and by playing out of the STRUM Holiday Songbook, everyone, ukers and non-ukers, were given STRUM stickers and STRUM buttons, making them all members of STRUM! :) I had mentioned that their dues would be coming in the mail... but they didn't belive me :)

Great time had by all.

Thank you Uncle Kimo, and Chontel Klobas (STRUM) for organizing the events and ferrying Kimo from SeaTac to Lynnwood, to Portland, and to PDX!

keep uke'in' Everybody!

Holiday Selections available via the ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com link in my signature :)

the 'NUI' was a prototype, large body, 19" scale Tenor.

I thought 19" was the old baritone scale length.......tenor is 17", whilst baritone has gone up to 20.25" (Kala)........this could get very confusing. :uhoh:

I thought 19" was the old baritone scale length.......tenor is 17", whilst baritone has gone up to 20.25" (Kala)........this could get very confusing. :uhoh:
Everything you just said is true. :)
I like my tenors at 17" and baris at 19"

Top Bottom