WTB resonator guitar

busdriver61

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a used resonator guitar. Round neck, metal body. 3-400 dollar range. Thanks

You can get a used Gretsch Honeydipper for around $400. There are a few on eBay right now and at least one on Reverb. if you check out the YT videos, the seem to have an excellent and consistent sound.

If you would be interestd in a parlor, I just got a Republic Minolian wood body for $300 used, with a case. Very nice instrument! They run around $440 new. They are all laminate as even the National wood bodies are, but the wood makes them a little warmer and a lot lighter than the metal bodies. There are a couple of new full size metal body Republics on Reverb for around $600. They also have a well regarded metal parlor, both in steel and bell brass.

I just bought a late 1930s National Duolian off of GC online, I won't know for sure what exactly I'm getting until I pick it up next week, but it looks like it's in pretty decent shape, and may have been gone through already if I'm lucky, because they can be beat up. The neck looks like it has a new fretboard, the saddle looks just right, and the body is pretty good, and it has the rolled F holes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom