Chipper Guy (and the Frantic Hand) - Original Song by John and Olivia Liebler

manfrog

Reaction score
This is a song I recorded for pabrizzer's recent any sharp any flat challenge. This one is in Bb, and was written about a family vacation in Canada last Summer. Each verse represents (in its own way) one of the cities we visited. The title refers to the cross signal figure who seems much happier than his American counterparts. And the election hadn't even happened yet. :)

I really like this very much John!

Nice to see the family performing together.

The music kinda reminds me of a cross between The Kinks and Squeeze (Back to the 80's!), and you are really rocking that MultiUke!

I am very impressed. The video matches the music very well and could have been on MTV back in the day.

I have always enjoyed your videos.

What software did you use to edit the video? The 'blended' segments add a really professional touch, how do you 'feather' the dissolved edges so cleanly (is that an effect or a plugin)?

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks Booli! I had eighties pop-punk in mind. :) I edited the entire video in Premiere Pro. I would usually have flipped over into After Effects to do this kind of compositing, but recent improvements in Premiere allowed me to mask and layer the footage in the editor (the masking tools in Premiere used to be extremely limited), so it kind of became a challenge to see if I could get it all done in one place. So one piece of footage is layered on top of the other, then I draw a mask around the part i want to show (or not show) and feather the mask. The biggest upside is that the final render went much faster. Thanks for watching! :)

Top Bottom