Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you actually use to record with.

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    I phone, propped on a book or taped to the door with that blue masking tape...which really makes my wife laugh.
    I got myself a Joby Grip tight. It is a handy little bit of kit.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Shure MV5 USB microphone
    Not the highest rated USB mic, but not the worst either. I am content. It comes with USB and lightening cable for connecting.

Used to be connected to my PC, recording with Audacity.
    Now I usually record on an 8" Lenovo android tablet, connected through an "on the go" adapter.
    On android I use the Audio Evolution app.

Video I record on my Olympus Pen Mini digital camera, placed on a stand. Then I synchronize audio and video in Windows movie maker.

Makeshift last minute recordings:
    Sometimes I just plug the Shure MV5 into my tablet, place it on a table, resting against something and record video with the selfie cam. I believe this gets the audio from the microphone. The video is horrible though.
    Soprano ukulele: Luna Pineapple tattoo
    Concert ukulele: Cort UKEBWCOP, Makala MK
    Tenor ukulele: Koa Fluke, Hora M1176
    Nylon string Guitar: Höfner vintage

Shure MV88 plugged to my iPhone 7 Plus then airdrop to my iMac to adjust volume lighting if needed and add title using iMovie
    I wish I know how to edit then I don't need to record so many times
    For audio I use Shure app either plugged to iPad or iPhone then use auditciy to trim unwanted beginning of the recording and reduce unwanted noise.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Have you upgraded your gear?

I use either my Canon HFG10 video camera or my GoPro. The microphones on the former are quite good, but living on a busy street, there's so much background noise, for the audio I use a Yeti "Blue" USB microphone plugged into the laptop running Fruit Loops Studio 12. Final video editing done with Pinnacle Studio.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Not yet - but I did buy in a couple of cheap mics to try out - one of which was a 'lapel' type, the other was a 'standard' USB type.
    (Neither was particularly good, so you get what you pay for.)

However, I did discover that my O/S sound system software, which had been upgraded, has now got a USB mixer, under sound cards.

Experimenting with that gave me better sound - but then I forgot about it when I recorded my last video.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

I use a Studio Projects condenser mic for most stuff, a Macbook and Logic/iMovie. Generally I record the audio in Logic with my webcam capturing the video, I label the video files "Uke take 1" or whatever so I can sync them up with the audio take I end up using.

Instrument zoo:

Ukuleles: Kala Archtop tenor for sale | Cordoba 35T-CES tenor
    Guitars: Kate, a Cort MR-750 6-string acoustic | Millicent, a Seagull parlor acoustic
    Peavey T-40 electric bass | Peavey Falcon electric 6-string | Seagull 12-string acoustic

I use a Zoom H4next field recorder...imo a highly recommandable choice.

I use an MXL 910 condenser mic into a Scarlett 2i2 interface connected to my iPad mini via powered usb hub and camera connection kit. I record into GarageBand. For my lyrics videos I have been creating slides in keynote , taking screenshots of them, then importing them into iMovie. I import the music mix from GarageBand and sync the slides .

I've just made a little comparison test between two different dynamic mics:
    https://youtu.be/xcBq3YvpHss

Thread Information