Season 252 - BLUES - and other colours

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
Please DO NOT POST BEFORE MIDNIGHT HAWAII TIME.

......& remember there is still lots of time left for Fred's Season.

(I have my nephew down from Scotland visiting for my sister's 70th tomorrow, so I'm posting this early.)

Also, my apologies for the poor quality of the video.

Season 252 (Dec 11th-18th)

Seasons Greetings to my Seasonista friends!

A year ago last month, I bought my first ukulele - & a year ago this month (24th), I posted my first ever video - it was terrible!

But you all encouraged me to keep at it, & now I can just about pick melodies at a recognisable level.

I've had fun experimenting with various things in the Seasons this last year, & hope to continue to do so, whilst I try to keep on improving my playing still further.

Thank you, my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLUES - and other colours

I was thinking of doing a 'blues week', but as it's so close to Xmas, I thought it may not be quite appropriate at this time of year - after all, I don't want you all feeling down or getting depressed. :biglaugh:

So........a blues number, or anything that mentions a colour or colours in the title - that is what I'd like you to bring me this week. :D

Usual rules apply, start & finish times, originals, instrumentals, multi tracking, etc.- if you think it fits the theme - then it does. :cool:

Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqjI5gC-IUKicd7T9PKlelU_ruj1K419J

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No prizes - just enjoy yourselves! :)

Sounds like a great week! Is there a limit on the videos a person can post?

A hugely popular theme Keith. Cant wait to hear what everyone brings. Your gonna get an ear full :)

Woohoo, I've hit inspiration right off the bat! Now I just have to master a tricky picking pattern and a lot of lyrics and I'll be right with you :)

Ah Ha! My Uke Buddy Gary gave me a perfect song for this just this afternoon. I like this one, short, simple and chords I know how to play! Now all I gott'a do is learn to sing.;-(

Have a couple songs in mind right off the bat. Might be difficult picking which to do, given I won't have the time to get to all of them. X3

thank you for hosting Keith.
we think you might get sick of us before the week is out.
or maybe, actually, before tonight is out. the tabasco is flowing here in Sandy Bay.
hope you like this one mate. cheers from joo and me.

When Bill Monroe, "The Father of Bluegrass" wrote this song in 1946 it was a slow waltz. Then in 1954 a young Rockabilly artist recorded it as the B side of his first single: "That's All Right" in 4/4 time. It reached No. 6 in the Memphis Market and Elvis Presley was on his way to become "The King of Rock and Roll"! Either way its a good song.

Top Bottom