uke ensemble at our annual holiday concert

Awesome! Looks like so much fun! Very nice arrangements. :D I am trying to do a similar thing here in Tokyo. The group is getting better and better and I can't wait until we can play songs like these.

Awesome! Looks like so much fun! Very nice arrangements. :D I am trying to do a similar thing here in Tokyo. The group is getting better and better and I can't wait until we can play songs like these.

どうもありがとう マグワさん!Our group is so lucky to have such a great leader and arranger.

I'll be really curious to see what you do with your group in Tokyo. There are a lot of good players in Japan! One of the most impressive instrumental ukulele ensembles I've heard is out of Ōsaka - Sweet Strings, have you heard of them?

I really enjoyed these videos. So nice to see all the players smiling during the songs. :)

Thanks for sharing! :music:

Good stuff. it makes me kinda miss playing with the Westside Ukulele Ensemble.

I got to see you all live, I think you brought the house down! It was a BLAST!

I hope you'll enjoy these songs from my uke ensemble playing Sunday night at the annual holiday concert at McCabe's in Santa Monica, CA:

Tijuana Taxi

Windy

How the West was Strummed

Hi Janeray
Sounds great thanks for sharing. I am so jealous of your ensemble. I would love to be able to play with a group like this nothing in my area unfortunately. I have done a lot of searches for instrumental ukulele ensembles and really I have only found yours and sweet strings. Its a shame because I think the uke sounds great instrumentally without all the comedy that a lot of people have to put in there act. I suppose a lot of people do like to sing but I think there is something missing with the instrumental side of it to make (music) Just my opinion of course.

Hi Janeray
Sounds great thanks for sharing. I am so jealous of your ensemble. I would love to be able to play with a group like this nothing in my area unfortunately. I have done a lot of searches for instrumental ukulele ensembles and really I have only found yours and sweet strings. Its a shame because I think the uke sounds great instrumentally without all the comedy that a lot of people have to put in there act. I suppose a lot of people do like to sing but I think there is something missing with the instrumental side of it to make (music) Just my opinion of course.
When we started, there was nobody in the area doing instrumental uke ensembles either... and this is Los Angeles. We started our own group, thanks to finding like minded people on UU. Don't give up on the idea. Just keep looking for the right people. It helps a lot if you can find a talented person do create arrangements, but you can start with arrangements from online.
–Lori

I really enjoyed these videos. So nice to see all the players smiling during the songs. :)

Thanks for sharing! :music:

And thanks for watching!

Good stuff. it makes me kinda miss playing with the Westside Ukulele Ensemble.

Ha, me too a little bit since the McCabe's group is on a short break. Time to focus on my solo stuff!

I got to see you all live, I think you brought the house down! It was a BLAST!

Thanks for coming to see us!

Hi Janeray

Thanks philrab66. I'm with you all the way about the comedy and schtick - if some groups and players enjoy that, great, but I like the simplicity of the uke itself and the amazing sounds that can come out of it.

When we started, there was nobody in the area doing instrumental uke ensembles either... and this is Los Angeles. We started our own group, thanks to finding like minded people on UU. Don't give up on the idea. Just keep looking for the right people. It helps a lot if you can find a talented person do create arrangements, but you can start with arrangements from online.
–Lori

Lori is right - we met via UU and formed Westside Ukulele Ensemble, then eventually split off into two groups with some overlap after an instructor at the guitar shop decided to lead us. Now some people do just one or the other, and some do both - and where once there were no instrumental ukulele groups, now there are two! :)

Top Bottom