Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 253 - Songs of Rebirth and Reawakening

Default Season 253 - Songs of Rebirth and Reawakening

Sorry. No introductory video this time. It's not been the best of weeks one way and another. But I'll try and get a song done tomorrow if I get time.

During this week we have the winter solstice and the season ends on Christmas day. The winter solstice was a major festival in pagan times and it was celebrated as a time of reawakening and of rebirth. The days start to get longer and the spring will be coming with the germination of crops and of new growth. It's no coincidence, then that the early Christians chose to celebrate the birth of Jesus at this time.

So this weeks songs should be on the themes of rebirth, reawakening and, of course, Celebration. Interpret that how you will.

Usual Rules
    a) Ukulele should be the main instrument though other instruments are fine in addition.
    b) Start and finish on Sunday as usual so 8 days.
    c) Multi tracking, plugging in etc. are all OK
    d) Three song limit. This is likely to be a busy week for all of us.

Playlist
    Last edited by Tootler; 12-19-2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Add Playlist link
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Gosh! For the first time ever, I'm the first one here! I had to hedge my bets with this one, Geoff, as I shan't have any time this coming week; I just hope it sort of fits. So ... ahem, I bring you a tawdry tale which involves, if not rebirth, then reawakening and celebration - and an awful lot of blind optimism!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Yay! Good theme!
    Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Great theme, Geoff!
    KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> Ohana PCK-25G pineapple mahogany concert Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides KoAloha soprano (2001 vintage) Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano Fluke natural concert <BG> Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor Makala MK-CE concert

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Great theme our Geoffrey!

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post

Gosh! For the first time ever, I'm the first one here! I had to hedge my bets with this one, Geoff, as I shan't have any time this coming week; I just hope it sort of fits. So ... ahem, I bring you a tawdry tale which involves, if not rebirth, then reawakening and celebration - and an awful lot of blind optimism!
    I think you are just a teeny weeny bit previous, Lil. However in the spirit of the season and because you said why, you will be forgiven.

Can I please remind you all not to post your entries here before midnight Hawaii time which means 10am Sunday here in the UK and various other local times elsewhere. After all Season 252 is still ongoing it I'm sure Keith would love a few more entries from you.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

I always lean a little pagan at this time of the year. A perfect opportunity to learn a few new solstice songs.
    YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas
    Axes:
    Sopranos - Kala Makala, Kala Ukadelic Texas Flag, Bruko Hilo (vintage 1960s!)
    Concert - Epiphone Les Paul
    Tenors - Kala KA-TE, Kala KA-TEME,
    Banjo Uke: Duke (tenor scale)
    Not a ukulele: Seagull Merlin (stick dulcimer)
    Keys:
    Hohner Instructor 32 melodica
    Ukulele Country: My blog about the ukulele and other musical things.

Geoff, I hope that you will have a better week with this one to come. Thank you for hosting and your wonderful theme.
    Much appreciated, both.

Hmm, must put on a thinking cap for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    I think you are just a teeny weeny bit previous, Lil. However in the spirit of the season and because you said why, you will be forgiven.

Can I please remind you all not to post your entries here before midnight Hawaii time which means 10am Sunday here in the UK and various other local times elsewhere. After all Season 252 is still ongoing it I'm sure Keith would love a few more entries from you.
    Whoops! Sorry, Geoff! (My knowledge of time zones is virtually non-existent; but now I know that first post shouldn't be earlier than 11.00 a.m. on Sunday here in France.) I was feeling rather wired after an evening out with friends, and was so impressed that I had actually recorded something, that I decided to post it and get it out of the way without even thinking of the time. Apologies to you and to Keith!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information