Season 253 - Songs of Rebirth and Reawakening

Just recored this for my extended family. Christmas is supposed to be a time for
bringing the family together... sometimes time and circumstances conspire against that.
But it is fine to think that there is a special unity and care within families, be they
by birth or by musical association. So this one is for you all.

As Brian had not posted the new season yet. I thought I would also record a version of Lesley's song. Here is my take on Lesley 's Tread softly to the stable.

There's been more entries than I expected today. I'll try and get time to listen to them tomorrow. Meantime the season runs until tomorrow morning so there's still time for a late entry.

Happy Christmas and to all Peace and Joy. Internet and YouTube crawling today but I am determined to watch as many vids as I can.

Ciao, and thanks to Geoff for hosting on such a special week.

Gina

Season 253 is now well and truly over. Thanks to everyone who participated. I'll check the last few entries and post ASAP. I seem to have picked up a bug but I'll get on to them as soon as I feel up to it

Geoff, Thank you so much for this week. Ive loved it and the entries. Ive loved hearing all the different versions of Lesley's beautiful song too. That was a bonus :)

I hope you and your family had the best possible Christmas day and I pray that you and your family will have a blessed 2017.

I couldn't find time to get mine recorded this Season, Geoff. Sorry. The title has 5 words, so if I can speed it up a little, maybe it'll make an appearance in Season 254.

Well, that's all the entries listened to and added to the playlist. We just got to 50 which considering the time of year and how busy you will all have been is fabulous. I thought it very fitting that the last entry was a fifth version of Lesley's lovely carol, Tread Softly to the Stable, this time by Wim (xommen)

I wish to thank all of you who entered this season and I understand those who posted to say they wouldn't be able to. Maybe sometime soon.

I will try and do some kind of wrap up soon. Unfortunately I picked up a bug of some sort and spent most of yesterday in bed but I'm feeling better now. Elizabeth, my elder one and her daughter go home tomorrow morning so I'll have a bit of free time later. I'm grabbing a few minutes now as they've gone off to visit Rievaulx Abbey, a former Cistercian monastery nearby.

I so wish I could have got a song in for your Week, Geoff but it just couldn't be done, I'm sorry - the family were here from Friday night and only went home today so it's been very busy but totally wonderful and I have so many blessings to count - including five huge ones in the form of beautiful covers of my carol on here - I'm totally blown away by the massive compliment paid to me by my Seasonista friends and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart... I see Alan did one as well though it wasn't in the Season! Wow. Perhaps now it's gone quiet I'll get a chance to watch some videos, read the thread and see just what has been going on. I haven't even played my uke properly for over a week! Unheard of!

Post-solstice good wishes to you all, Seasonista family xxxx

Top Bottom