Season 254 - Long Titles Short Songs

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Boxing Day here in OZ but still Christmas Day in lots of places - hope you're having a good one.

OK now I see why the concern - I am posting this a day late. Getting old as I lost a day there somehow. Being retired I am never entirely sure of the days but yes I would have normally posted this at this time yesterday. Sheesh!

As you can see this season is called -

Long Titles Short Songs.

Bring songs less than 3 minutes total video length with 5 words or more in the title.
No song limit and record how you like as long as it has some sort of ukulele.
Normal start and finish times.
Only new vids please.

I was going to call this season -

Once You've Heard the Title You've Heard the Whole Darn Song

The winner will by chosen by a mathematical formula.
I will give you your scores as the songs come in.
There will be kudos to the person who can discover the formula and post it here.

My intro song would get a score of 11.785714285714286

The lowest score possible would be 1.6666(repeating)
Well actually the lowest score would be ever so slightly higher than that. More like 1.675977653631285

If you are bringing a cover you should bring the whole song and not choose a long song and just leave out bits please.
Original songs are most welcome.

Playlist

Last edited:
Nice theme, and finally a week when I have time to play :)

Your formula suggest that "you've" is one word, not two, when entered into the formula. I was in doubt how to count, but only this way I found a fit.
I believe I figured it out, but will leave out the answer:)

Nice theme, and finally a week when I have time to play :)

Your formula suggest that "you've" is one word, not two, when entered into the formula.
I believe I figured it out, but will leave out the answer:)

Yes contractions count as one word.

If you're worked it out post now to get the kudos.
I thought giving the lowest possible score may have given it away.

Sorry for the late start everyone and I'm off to spend some Boxing day time with other relatives later today.

Last edited:
Ok, I will post the answer.
Just though someone else would like to try as well.

Number of words in title divided with number of minutes in video.

Saw it before the minimum was added :)

Edit: more mathematical:
Number of words n, duration in seconds T, the rating is
n x 60/T

Last edited:
Ok, I will post the answer.
Just though someone else would like to try as well.

Number of words in title divided with number of minutes in video.

Saw it before the minimum was added :)

Edit: more mathematical:
Number of words n, duration in seconds T, the rating is
n x 60/T

Yes your edit is absolutely correct!
The minutes was also correct but then the seconds have to worked out as a fraction of a minute so just seconds is not more correct but an easier way of describing the formula I guess.
And here is your kudos -
Well done!

Last edited:
To all,
By all means try and get the highest score but we are more interested in bringing some fab music to share and enjoy i hope.
I think I'll offer a second small prize to the song that I enjoy the most.
Carry on......

"Regretting What I Said To You When You Called Me 11:00 on a Friday Morning to Tell Me That at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You Were Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks; Not That I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, but After Going Out With You for Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises (A Musical Apology)"

"Regretting What I Said To You When You Called Me 11:00 on a Friday Morning to Tell Me That at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You Were Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks; Not That I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, but After Going Out With You for Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises (A Musical Apology)"

Well OK then! That is just brill. I'm trusting that that seriously is the title of that song which you delivered so well Alan. My count for words in the title was 97 as I just counted the numerical times as one word. That gives this fabulous song a total of 34.2352941176477059. Just WOW!
The bar has just been set!

Last edited:
This won't beat the record, but I hadda get it out of my system. This is a cover of a Hoagy Carmichael song titled, "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with My Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues." Originally performed by Bing Crosby.

This won't beat the record, but I hadda get it out of my system. This is a cover of a Hoagy Carmichael song titled, "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with My Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues." Originally performed by Bing Crosby.
A respectable score of 16.4210 and more importantly a fun song and beaut performance Randy.
I gave you a title count of 26 words as hyphonated words only count as one.

You guys are gonna have me counting words all week I can see.

The evil part of me wants to write a 1-minute ditty with a 2,000 word title. :rolleyes:

Math gives me a headache. Im sure glad someone figured that out toot sweet :)

As for short songs, Im thrilled. Ive had this theme decided for a very long time for my next hosting week and have recently been thinking It was too short sided. LoL, And it was cause I didn't have math involved or long titles. That was a great twist Brian. Thank you for making a decision for me :) Short songs were the second half of what I was going to do. Now I have it narrowed down to just the first half.

Seriously, thank you!

Yup, that's a beauty - I did this song a few years ago in Season 82, and Christine Lavin posted my version on her Facebook page! (She also wants me to do Bald Headed Men, when I have my head shaved again...)

Buty I'm not going to do it again. I actually have been sitting many of the seasons out, due to work constraints, traveling, lack of means to make a video...

But I do believe that "...Regretting what I said" has the record for the world's longest song title.

Its still Christmas here. The Gkids just walked out the door and I decided I had time for this :)

From Pink Floyd's much underrated 1983 album, The Final Cut, Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert...

Let's see... 7 * (60/42) = 10 on the dot.

Top Bottom