Cort UKEBWCOP concert ukulele review.

UkingViking

Reaction score
I got my hands on a Cort concert ukulele, and I made a review, since there were none on youtube before.

It is made from solid Tasmanian blackwood with black bindings with narrow white stripes in some places. It has geared tuners. Looks gorgeus to me :)

The size is the same as a Martin ukulele. Hence the body is 20 mm narrover than that of Kala/Makala concert ukuleles, and the scale and body overlaps the ukulele a bit more compact than those of that brand.

I did some bad stuff to greensleeves in the end of the video below to get a sound sample.

Thanks for the great review.

I like the sound of the Cort better than the Makala, as the Cort seems to have greater note clarity as well as a little more bass frequencies, which might be due to the bridge on the Cort being more into the middle of the lower bout on account of having 12 frets to the body, whereas the Makala has 14 frets to the body, and thus the bridge is proportionally 'higher' or closer to the sound hole with regard to placement along the lower bout.

I dont know if all of this matters as there may be other factors in the construction that also yield the specific sound of the instrument, but to most folks, they will both 'sound like a ukulele'.

Congrats on such a nice uke!

I am about to buy a new uke and I am torn between two quite different instruments

1. CORT BLACKWOOD TENOR
2. CORDOBA 24T TENOR

Is anyone familiar with either or better still both? I'd appreciate any thoughts that might help me to clarify my thinking before I speak to and negotiate the price with the sales staff.

Regards, Steve K,
Melbourne, Australia

Having played many Corts and many Cordobas - the Cort is the better choice here. In fact I’ve never played a Cordoba I really liked. Usually over built, heavy, dead sounding.

The new Corts on the other hand are terrific

I dont know about the cordobas, I never played one.

With the Cort, I only ever played my own concert scale, never the tenor.
It is truly gorgeos and has a very Bell like sound.
The weak sides imo is that it is a bit low on attack/bark and the different nodes of a chord blend together so they are a bit hard to distinguish.
Perhaps it is just my specimen, perhaps other acacia types sound the same - havent played many - and perhaps the tenor is different.
Anyway, I still dig it. Only for some tunes I pick a uke with more attack, depending on musical style.

Top Bottom