Hello from VA!

Giuliano

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up! I had an account on here years ago when I was a teenager but I've long forgotten it. It was called VacuousNacho or something, I don't think I posted all that much haha. But I'm back now, because I have a new ukulele and I'm getting back into it.

Ukulele was my first instrument, I started playing it when I was 17. That's when I discovered Aldrine Guerrero and Jake Shimabukuro, and these guys are amazing! I even met Jake once at the 930 Club in DC and he was the most incredible musician I've ever heard of or seen in my life. Literally every note he plucks is more powerful than anything I've ever heard. Now I'm 23 and I've been playing more guitar in the recent years, but I'm realizing I don't like guitar as much and I want to get back to the uke. Guitar is too big and Clunky.

So my backstory I'm a 23 year old guy from a small town in central Virginia that Thomas Jefferson practically created. I'm a loser and a stoner. I love playing ukulele and guitar, singing, and rapping. I live a somewhat nomadic lifestyle, I haven't worked in more than six months and I want to just do music for my life. Also, I have blue hair right now.

I'm really glad to be joining this community, I've read the rules and looked over your guy's stuff in the past and a bit recently, and I can tell y'all are all amazing. One reason I also joined is because for years I've always wanted to try building an ukulele! I've never actually gotten off my ass to give it a shot but I'd really like to try building a cigar box uke.

Also, if anyone is from Virginia or anywhere in the eastcoast, or anyone who makes hip hop music, hit me up let's be friends! ;)

Welcome Giuliano! Hola from sunnier/warmer Arizona. Not a lot of people here on this forum are into rap. I was when I was a teenager though. I dig the blue hair though.

Greetings and welcome. The legions of hip hop uke players are likely small, but so what. As long as you are having a ball, what the hey. Glad you joined us.

Welcome from one new guy to the other sorta new guy!

Welcome to the UU community!

A nomadic lifestyle has always been on my list of things I want to do for a few years, but so far (mid 40s) that hasn't happened yet. I envy you for doing it in your 20s, which is a great time for it! (Probably not a responsible statement, but yeah!)

Welcome! Hope to see some of your ukulele creations.

Greetings from another new guy. Maternal grandfather grew up in Bedford County (Forest), Va. It certainly is beautiful country down there.

Top Bottom