Season 255: The J's Have It!

The morning after the night before. Something by Jim Morrison / The Doors.

Looking at song lists, I see the same songs popping up by different artistes on the list.
That could be a challenge to hit the most number of the artists of the list with one entry.
I also didn't know several of the names but know of the bands they were in.

Last edited:
Happy New Year to everyone at this point (I believe)!

Two items for this morning:

First, all of my comments will be posted on the Tube and not duplicated on this thread. (I'm saving a bit of time here and I hope that will be ok.)

Also, many of these artists were band members. You may contribute songs written, recorded and/or performed by them as band members at any point in their careers.

I'm hoping everyone is off to a wonderful 2017! Linda

"River" by Joni Mitchell - 1971

This is my very first submission, so please let me know if I'm "doing it wrong." Here's a little Christmas video I made for my friends & it just happens to be perfectly suited for this week's challenge. Enjoy!

Season 255. Submission 1. "River" is a Christmas folk song by Joni Mitchell from her 1971 album, Blue.

For Season 255, “The J’s Have It”, we’re playing the music of a select group of songwriters and performers from the 1970s whose first name begins with “J”. On the list was Jerry Garcia, who wrote this song with lyricist Robert Hunter in 1970. Here’s “To Lay Me Down”, for tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ubass and a second vocal line.

This is my very first submission, so please let me know if I'm "doing it wrong." Here's a little Christmas video I made for my friends & it just happens to be perfectly suited for this week's challenge. Enjoy!

Season 255. Submission 1. "River" is a Christmas folk song by Joni Mitchell from her 1971 album, Blue.

Damn Good! Your voice and delivery remind me of Lyle Lovett, with a feminine touch of course!

Last edited:
Oh my! I think you were channeling me when you decided on this theme! I don't even know where to start!!! Here's hoping nobody takes one of my favs until I'm able to record. Can we call dibs?!:p

Top Bottom