My first public uke performance!

Recstar24

Reaction score
It's been a year and half since I started playing, and today was a very exciting step in my journey! Still have a long way to go where I want to be but am thankful for the opportunity to perform on uke for my church family. Sound guy patched into my fishman from the board, Hoffmann ML tenor with misi acoustic trio, overall happy with the sound quality, playing wise a bit choppy due to nerves but thought I had solid tone, excuse the 2nd C#dim7 chord, it's a tricky one!

I think you did an excellent job, nothing to be self-cinscious about, bravo.

Excellent rendition! Well done!! Sounds terrific

WOW! Well done! You have obviously been working very hard for the past year and a half to get to that level of playing. Performing is exciting and very satisfying. If you want to work on the nerves look for some local open mics. Go sign up and play. Folks will love your playing!

Wonderful job!

You should be so proud of yourself! That was absolutely wonderful in every way.

Sounds great! Kudos to you for taking the big step and having the courage to perform in front of an audience.

Despite the butterflies in the stomach, which I dont think ever truly go away, it 'feels' easier the more you do it!

:music: :) :nana: :rock:

Ryan, great job! It is funny how we can be trained music educators and still get nervous...yet we can get in front of large crowds in our "safe" experience and not even be nervous!

I had three thoughts:

1) I found it interesting that you didn't choose a less complicated song to start with, such as a chord melody hymn. You jumped right in with Jazz!

2) I found it interesting that you played that song on January 1st. We leave our stuff up past Epiphany, but most of our neighbors no longer have their Christmas decorations up.

3) You must not attend a Baptist church. I went to a very conservative Christian college, and the very existence of a Jazz Band was up for debate.

What day is your presentation for ILMEA? I will only be there on Friday...hope we can say hello!

Top Bottom