Season 257 The Campfire Jam

Today has been a quieter day around the campfire due to the storm but its still going and there are still campers willing to put the rain jackets on and keep the music going. We've had some simply lovely songs throughout the day and evening. Still more people are headed home and I have to admit that I did hide in my tent today for a bit. Im so glad I am close to the fire because I have still been able to enjoy the music. Some of the guys have started telling tales and the BS really started to pile up. Particularly when Rex brought in the cows. He did his magic and was able to get them to move on from our area.

Once again I will warn you to watch your step ;-)

Im zipping it up tight tonight! See ya in the morning.

SOTU 257: The Campfire Jam - Iko Iko

I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen this show up already on the playlist. One of my favorite 2 chord songs that we often hear around the campfire, and it has the lines: "sittin' by the fire." :)

This week's been a crazy one. Hope I can get another one or two simple songs done.

Hope you enjoy our cover of Iko - Iko (aka Eiko, Eiko):

It's getting late in the evening. Everyone's had a bit to drink and they might even be a bit melancholy. It's time for a story...

I've been meaning to learn this song for a while, but nobody had published the chords. I finally bit the bullet and worked them out for myself. Luckily, the original was written in C major.

Last edited:
Joko's had a prang!

Nothing too serious, fortunately, but I'm sure he'll be glad of your good wishes.
(Some industrial language around 0.25, but excusable under the circumstances.)

Last night of the camp and everybody wants to trace their ancestry.
It seems that the most popular forefathers are either Scottish or Irish.
cos they had all the best songs. Nothing like a good bit of social, political
and economic oppression to conjure up a good song. The ruling class just
ḧave it too easy and couldn't put a song together even if their lives depended
on it. The singalong starts off easy but you know that soon it will gravitate
towards rebel songs. Everybody wants to be a Jacobite.

Nothing too serious, fortunately, but I'm sure he'll be glad of your good wishes.
(Some industrial language around 0.25, but excusable under the circumstances.)

As soon as I saw the rr tracks I knew what was going to happen! I did the same thing on my Schwinn when I was in the third grade!

Season 257 - Michael Row the Boat Ashore

I couldn't miss Linda's wonderful season so I did a quicky for it.

As soon as I saw the rr tracks I knew what was going to happen! I did the same thing on my Schwinn when I was in the third grade!

Know what they say is the best thing after this kind of thing? A good, warm campfire! :) Feel better, Joko! :)

New Psalm 100

My contribution to the campfire is a new version of Psalm 100 with a twist on the traditional Doxology, " Praise God from whom all blessings flow".

I give credit on the title page to my oldest son Josiah, because it was his guitar riff that inspired this idea. He also helped me figure out the chords . As this was my second ever attempt at song writing, I needed some help with that.

The melody for the chorus is original. That came to me right away. I decided to write a fresh paraphrase of the Psalm for the three verses, and set it to the traditional tune of the Doxology , "The Old 100th". The objective was to use a familiar tune with unfamiliar words, and for the chorus familiar words with an unfamiliar tune. Our congregation picked it up pretty quickly, which was my hope.

We always played this in church with electric guitar, Bass, drums, and vocals. I believe we only did this acoustic version once. Here I offer it with dGBE tenor uke, bass, drums, and two vocal parts.

I hope y'all enjoy it! Feel free to join in after you get the drift!

😀

I have sung another song at the campfire ....turned out to sound a bit grungy....well, after Inauguration Day I had to get rid of depressing feelings

Greetings,

Well, I tried to collaborate with the gang on this vid, all cozy like. I was unable to mix the sound but it was fun. Anyway, hope you enjoy the campfire trio. You all are the best!

:)

Top Bottom