Season 257 The Campfire Jam

Hmmm.....I edited the beginning of Peaceful Easy Feeling as I coughed and had to start over. The edit didn't take. I have removed the video momentarily until the edit has saved. Sorry about that......

We all have a touch of cabin fever after a straight week of snow days. Anyway, here's a must at a campfire with young girls. Taylor Swift.

Awesome theme! Here's some Styx for you (my apologies for the phone ringing...I mean, I meant to do that! Yeah!).

Oh dear. I should be working, or at the very least recording the intro video for next season, but I feel another entry coming on...

The Weight - The Band. It's too cold for a campfire, but I was able to set the mood artificially. This is a pretty irresistible chorus, impossible not to sing along anytime I hear it.

Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton. I picked this one because it's got a great pre-chorus. Even people who are unfamiliar with the song can be singing along to the chorus by the end of the first listen.

Had to with the host, of course!

Obviously this week will be good for me. I'm not that good yet at playing well with others.

Funny how hard it is to find a song that you think several people could play together around a campfire...but I am having fun thinking about how it would go.
Tonight's bit of silliness on a giant banjolele. I'm in G- grab your ukes gang

I brought together three of me for this one, and mixed it up in GarageBand. As Freddie Mercury used to say, "no synths." I used three ukes and a set of clavs. This was written by Flanders and Swann, a brilliant British novelty act. I think this was written in the early 1950s.

Last edited:
Last night when I went to bed I didnt realize that I was going to miss some fantastic songs sung late into the night. Jon and Joo brought a song that really set the midnight mood. Sure glad Im not camping next to them. Haha!

I had a bad dream about a child crying out, “daddy dont walk so fast” and he wouldn't slow down. They were on the street called Larado. Man, what a nightmare!

When I finally crawled out of the sleeping bag I could hear the Ukulele Dudes starting up with a happy tune. Thankfully I was able to completely forget about that bad dream. We all started sing about looking on the bright side of life :) Now thats a good way to start a morning!.... But that was short lived when that inmate showed up! Then the fire got out of control and a talking uke joined in.

I think the smoke is getting to me :/

All day long we've had one great song after the other. 25 so far just today. Songs of all genre and songs that got everyone laughing, singing and having a great time. Some songs that were so peaceful that you could hear nothing more than the singer and the cracking fire. We've had banjos, ukes, cigar box ukes, bongo's, eight strings, dancers, cartoons, big bodied banjos with crackers and cheese on them......Well, I'm hungry!...... Is that a hippopotomus?.......

It must be the smoke.....I'm going to bed. You people carry on and I will catch up with you in the morning. Nighty night!

Last edited:
Should anyone require the services of a dance Instructor for dancing around said campfire (my favourite bits about 1.15 into the vid, very Steve Martin in 'The Jerk')................

Nobody likes me

A disgusting children's song... or even for children who are not so disgusting.

Last edited:
In Folkie parlance "The Four To Nine Crew" Are the diehards. Late Night revellers, and singers, It is our solemn obligation to insure that the Sun has come up in the morning. Sometimes we are tasked with silencing an errant Bagpiper who thinks it is a good idea to practice before Cock's Crow!
For Dave and Debbi and all the other Fish People!

Top Bottom