Anybody know about Smoldering Uke??

Smoldering Uke is an event put on by the Santa Cruz Club.
It is a great weekend of ukulele and fun. THe people are great, the facility is very conducive to lots of great music.
There are a variety of workshops offered and lots of jams. I have been to every one of the Smoldering's, it is one of my favorite events. I am conducting two workshops this year.

So what are your workshops going to be on? Also, what are the other
workshops typically on? My wife is grumping out about the cost of
the event (as usual) so I want to be really sure it's worth putting my
foot down about this.

-- Gary

Workshops are varied. I am doing a jazz it up and a chord melody workshop.
For one price you get all your meals and a room plus all the fun.
It is one of the most reasonably priced gatherings.

Last edited:
Bring her with you for some fun days. Gift her one of your ukes--you can always buy another. All levels come. We're not that great but we have lots of fun. This willl be our third year.

Workshops are varied. I am doing a jazz it up and a chord melody workshop.
For one price you get all your meals and a room plus all the fun.
It is one of the most reasonably priced gatherings.
I'm planning on driving up to Bend this summer for the workshops there and I get to stay and eat with friends that live there so that is much more reasonable and even that took pulling teeth to get my wife to agree with... ;-)

Bring her with you for some fun days. Gift her one of your ukes--you can always buy another. All levels come. We're not that great but we have lots of fun. This willl be our third year.

I got her a Kala Ziricote soprano from HMS already (it fits her tiny hands, it's real pretty and it sounds good too.) I'm either retired (I'm certainly old enough) or a lazy bum (her version) but she is still working and getting her to spend her vacation on something that doesn't contain tour buses and foreign counties is a hard sell.

-- Gary

Top Bottom