Elvis ukulele??

I'm seeing it for $69.99 on the Amazon US store. Who knows. It certainly seems to have a lot of nice features for an entry level laminate uke, and the included gig bag almost makes it the same price as a Caramel, without the wait for shipping.

Maybe someone will give this a try and see what it is actually like. There do not seem to be any reviews on YouTube.

As the Chinese factories make ukuleles for specific brands, it makes sense that after their orders are filled they would take the set-up and make their own while waiting for the next set of orders--selling them at what is likely the usually cost to the brand.

The Ukulele Teacher uses one quite often on you tube if you want to hear how it sounds. Check out "I can't help falling in love with you."

That uke looks an awful lot like the ones also sold on AMZN under the 'Hola', 'Deviser' and a few other names, which are also all over aliexpress and banggood, so methinks the 'Elvis' is just a sticker but the uke itself is sold under a handful of names.

Does not guarantee it is a bad instrument, just means that it's likely being made in an Asian factory and offered by different sellers.

The one you linked to is nice for having a gig bag included, but typically I'd only use a gig bag for local travel protection, and for air travel, I'd get a wooden hard case.

As mentioned repeatedly here on the forum there ARE in fact numerous positive reviews with Caramel ukes, ALSO on AMZN as well as direct. Look for posts by Choirguy, who has more than 20 of them in use in his school music program, and JackLuis who has 3-4 of them right now.

Maybe ask your self if you a re a gambler, or want to be a maverick and try an unknown brand, OR if budget is so low, maybe it's worth spending the time to read about Caramel ukes here on the forum.

Otherwise there's plenty of talk here also about Oscar Schmidt, Lanikai, Kala, Ohana, Gretsch, Cordoba if you dont want to spend too much more, but not get into the $300+ range.

Most reviews on Luna are bad, despite the few pundits, but it seem that Luna is targeting all their efforts to market to females, since the CEO is a woman, but for the SAME price of a Luna, with mediochre sound, and finish flaws, you can get a much 'better' uke out of the box from almost any other brand besides Mahalo or the cheapie sub-$100 Diamond Head ukes...

but remember: "buy cheap, buy twice"

Good luck :)

That uke looks an awful lot like the ones also sold on AMZN under the 'Hola', 'Deviser' and a few other names, which are also all over aliexpress and banggood, so methinks the 'Elvis' is just a sticker but the uke itself is sold under a handful of names.

Does not guarantee it is a bad instrument, just means that it's likely being made in an Asian factory and offered by different sellers.

The one you linked to is nice for having a gig bag included, but typically I'd only use a gig bag for local travel protection, and for air travel, I'd get a wooden hard case.

As mentioned repeatedly here on the forum there ARE in fact numerous positive reviews with Caramel ukes, ALSO on AMZN as well as direct. Look for posts by Choirguy, who has more than 20 of them in use in his school music program, and JackLuis who has 3-4 of them right now.

Maybe ask your self if you a re a gambler, or want to be a maverick and try an unknown brand, OR if budget is so low, maybe it's worth spending the time to read about Caramel ukes here on the forum.

Otherwise there's plenty of talk here also about Oscar Schmidt, Lanikai, Kala, Ohana, Gretsch, Cordoba if you dont want to spend too much more, but not get into the $300+ range.

Most reviews on Luna are bad, despite the few pundits, but it seem that Luna is targeting all their efforts to market to females, since the CEO is a woman, but for the SAME price of a Luna, with mediochre sound, and finish flaws, you can get a much 'better' uke out of the box from almost any other brand besides Mahalo or the cheapie sub-$100 Diamond Head ukes...

but remember: "buy cheap, buy twice"

Good luck :)
Definitely not going to buy one. Just curious. New to ukuleles, I just picked up a concert Lanikai at GC on sale. Sounds nice, but needs a setup.

Top Bottom