NEW: iRig Acoustic Stage-$99

@Dave - What about Cosmo Music in Canada? Or Amazon Canada? Dont either of them have it yet?

ETA: apparently Cosmo is not stocking it yet

https://cosmomusic.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=Irig+acoustic+stage

nor is AMZN.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_n...-alias=aps&field-keywords=Irig+acoustic+stage

most other USA dealers dont have it yet and both Sweetwater and Guitarded Center show it can be pre-ordered but will not ship until April, so until then, it seems buying direct from IKMM is the only way unless you want to wait...

Last edited:
The iRig Acoustic Stage is already available at the 'bay for 85 quid plus a couple for shipping. It won't be long before the Farpster springs.

I ended up sending my Irig back to the vendor (Dawsons Music UK) as I could not get away from dreadful interference. Not sure if it was just my unit, my set up, or just me but I couldn't get on with it. I bought a Shure USB mic as a replacement. Dawsons were brilliant, and I love my new mic :)

I returned mine as well. When I used the "Cancel Feedback" it took out all the tone from the uke.
I'll just keep my Baggs DI. I liked the idea on a one button feedback notch, but not the end result.
I must say the mic was really great, but all my gigging instruments already have pickups.

The iRig Acoustic Stage is already available at the 'bay for 85 quid plus a couple for shipping. It won't be long before the Farpster springs.

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to get one from a Canadian retailer but they were telling me not until May, not acceptable. Tried to order one from IKM direct but they quoted $45.00 for shipping......on a $99.00 items and it is the size of a deck of cards, really not acceptable.

Farb, I checked ebay as you suggested and I have ordered one, $99.00 all in shipped to my door......yahoo. Thanks for that :shaka:brother

I found enough cash for one myself, Dave. It should be here in a couple of days. I hope it's as good as the reviews--we'll see soon.

Well, I received my iRig Acoustic Stage yesterday, opening it, but not trying it until this morning. When I started plugging things together, I noticed a problem--the volume knob was flush with the housing, not proud a third to half an inch like the photos in the ads. Adjusting the volume would be a headache, even though the unit performed well. So...I went through the hassles of returning it. The company from which I purchased it sent me a return label and I ordered another one that should be here in a couple of days.

Playing with the unit briefly was fun. Hearing my ukulele through the amp with reverb and a little chorus added made me want to play more. The sound was excellent. I look forward to getting my replacement unit.

Not got mine yet, but think the volume and mix knobs push to pop out, adjust and then push to pop back in.

YarraJoe--I just unboxed the new one, and you're right, it's a pop-up knob. I wonder why the company didn't know that when I called them. Oh, well, live and learn...
Thanks.

I have been enjoying playing with the iRig acoustic plugged into my little 10w amp. I also thought I could plug the iRig directly into my iphone 7 and use it to mic a video, but it doesn't appear to be picking up anything. Any ideas?

I have been enjoying playing with the iRig acoustic plugged into my little 10w amp. I also thought I could plug the iRig directly into my iphone 7 and use it to mic a video, but it doesn't appear to be picking up anything. Any ideas?

Bump to my question:
Has anyone had success connecting the iRig Acoustic Stage to an iphone via lightning? Maybe I'm using the wrong connector. I bought a cheap female USB to micro USB. I then connected my iphone's lightning to USB cable to that. Perhaps I need the official Apple camera adapter dongle?

Bump to my question:
Has anyone had success connecting the iRig Acoustic Stage to an iphone via lightning? Maybe I'm using the wrong connector. I bought a cheap female USB to micro USB. I then connected my iphone's lightning to USB cable to that. Perhaps I need the official Apple camera adapter dongle?

Some steps involved to answer your question:

1. You need either the 'official' Apple Lightning-to-USB camera adapter cable ($29) from Apple (click here) OR if a 3rd-party dongle, it needs to read 'MFI Certified' in it's description or specs, otherwise it does not have the chip in it for it to pass thru all connections

2. The USB-to-microUSB cable that you use to connect the above in #1 to the iRig Acoustic Stage's preamp, MUST be one that has all 4 wires inside doing full passthru as some USB cables are power-only and as such only carry 5v DC and no data signals at all. Data signals are required for this to work. There are MANY cheap USB cables that are power only, and the only way to know is either by testing the ones you have or buying ones that conform to this spec. Amazon (Amazon Basics brand) and Monoprice <-(click here) cables have never let me down in this regard.

Once you have everything connected as per above, your app that you wish to record the sound, must be allowed to use the microphone, which could be disabled for this app, and most apps that need microphone will ASK permission on first start.

3a. To verify this, go in to your System Preferences in iOS, and on the left column, select PRIVACY, and then on the right side area tap MICROPHONE and see if your app is there, if it is there, makes sure to allow by tapping the slider button such that it goes from left-to-right, and color changes from grey-to-blue.

3b. If the App is NOT listed in the PRIVACY/MICROPHONE settings, you will have to make sure everything is connected properly AND the iRig preamp POWERED ON, and THEN launch your app and see if it asks permissions, and then ALLOW for microphone. This will be for EVERY app that you want to use the mic, or ANY mic on iOS, whether it be Camera, Garageband, JamUP Pro, ToneStack, or anything else, you will need to enable access to the microphone.

3c. If you are not asked to enable access, you can first launch the app, and then remove, and then re-insert the lightning connector and this should prompt iOS to ask you if you wish to allow permission. You HAVE TO say yes if you want the mic to work. This is standard for all iOS since iOS 8.x versions.

Please verify the above procedure and report back if you need further help on this, and either I myself or another helpful UU person will respond with additional efforts.

Hope this helps! :)

Booli,

Thank you for taking the time to type out this thorough answer. I'll report back when I get the appropriate cables.

Andy

Booli,

Thank you for taking the time to type out this thorough answer. I'll report back when I get the appropriate cables.

Andy

No worries brother. I am glad to help.

Yes, please do report back with the result and/or any issues with which you might need further assistance and I will do my best to help you towards a solution. :)

Top Bottom