Please share Ukulele news from NAMM

This yet again? You are persistent. That's for sure.
Have you ever heard the line "Beggars can't be choosers." ?

We should just be glad that some people are willing to make videos and share them. They don't have to make or share the videos. If you don't like the format, you don't have to watch them. What you're doing could actually discourage some people from even sharing.
That said, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here. I've said what I wanted to say as politely as I know how, so I'll bow out of that part of the discussion now.

Thanks to those of you who are sharing the videos, information, etc. I'm thinking most here appreciate the effort.

Exactly!

Happy for the content. Not so worried about the format. It's not an art project.

Sorry it's taken me so long to upload this.....My day job gets in the way of my amateur journalism!!!
I'll do these a few at a time.....
I saw an interesting few pieces at the Seagull booth. Some Uke related some not.....IMG_6492.jpgIMG_6493.jpgIMG_6497.JPG

Again not too Ukecentric, but Uke-Useful...
Taylor Academy Bass. ....Me want this!IMG_6487.jpgIMG_6488.JPG

D'angelico is putting their name on everything. The ukes are interesting looking!IMG_6502.jpgIMG_6504.jpgIMG_6505.jpg

And a one cool....and one selfless selfie.....Skunk Baxter at the Presonus booth and the selfie....Henry Rollins spoke at our Shure Rep meeting. He was kind enough to allow me get a pix with him. He's a Shure fan and has signed autographs at the booth several times in the past. They asked him to speak at our meeting this time.IMG_6457.jpgIMG_6429.jpg

Thanks timmit for all those great pix.

Henry Rollins must have been a blast to hang out with. He seems like a really cool guy.

I used to watch and was a big fan of that show he had where he sat down and interviewed people, as he always asked such deeply insightful questions of his guests.

Is that a new model of MultiUke but with a pin-bridge? I cannot read the headstock name, but it does not seem to say 'Godin', but I know that Godin shares with other brands like Seagull, Art & Lutherie, La Patrie, and a few others.

I have an A&L AMI nylon-string parlor guitar with a solid cedar top and solid cherry back and sides, and it is simply amazing in every possible way.

I found out what that new Godin instrument is:
http://www.godinguitars.com/godin_world_cavaquinho_41367.html
It's not really a uke, but cool!

It seems like it could be tuned like an uke with steel strings though...I'm not sure what the intonation would be like doing that...but it's a neat thought.

I guess it has been out for a little while already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QO57karla0
....but that looks like it'd be a longer scale than the under 14" scale mentioned on the Godin site. Hm...maybe it just looks bigger in the video to me for some reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom