NUD - Moore Bettah -

The good old Snail Mail Post Office let me down. My new uke sits at a Chicago metro postal facility. I'll have to sit around all day Monday so that I can sign for it when it comes.

"January 22, 2017 , 12:29 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

CHICAGO METRO* "

It is disappointing when a long awaited delivery is delayed.
But try to think of it this way, you get to have the added joy of more anticipation. ;)

The postman delivered a big box from Hawaii a few minutes ago. I greedily opened it but found the ukulele case very cold to the touch. I bet they loaded the mailman's truck over the weekend. Thank God, we had warm, for January, weather. It has been mid 30's to low 40's.
Now I need to wait for the case to slowly come up to room temperature.

when you have a tracking number I always call my post office and ask if they can hold it so I can pickup myself save so much time instead of waiting for the carrier to get to you.........this is from years working for the USPS....:)

Waiting for such a treasure can be so trying!!! Thankfully, our memories minimize the agony pretty quickly once it's over!

Seems to me that Chuck is entitled to a postage refund for failure of USPS to make the delivery commitment on priority 2-day express. You should let him know. Can't beat free shipping!

Seems to me that Chuck is entitled to a postage refund for failure of USPS to make the delivery commitment on priority 2-day express. You should let him know. Can't beat free shipping!

you are so right Greg....the Post Office will go broke refunding Chuck....

Last edited:
I opened up the case and played away. This ukulele is everything that I expected. As I said earlier, all credit for this fine instrument belongs to Chuck. I just picked it out and paid for it.

I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow so it will be a few days till I can really get into this fine instrument.

Last edited:
Top Bottom