New member from New Hampshire, USA

dhbailey

Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm new to the forum and new to ukuleles, but I have been making a living in the musical world all my adult life. My background - I am a trumpet player who also repairs band instruments (no strings!) and who teaches private music lessons on all woodwinds, brass, percussion, guitar and bass. My wife is a violinist. I play all the instruments which I teach (jack of all trades) and I also play mandolin and violin (fiddle-style mostly, not very good but thoroughly enjoying it.)

I am new to the ukulele world, having enjoyed strumming on them at various music shops for which I do instrument repairs. Yesterday I ordered a Kala Bocote tenor uke from Sweetwater, along with a case. It should arrive this next Tuesday.

I joined this forum a couple of days ago and am very impressed with the level of support among the members as well as amazed at the talent represented in the videos I have watched.

I am eager to learn lots more about ukuleles as well as eager to spend lots of time relaxing to the wonderful tones that ukuleles make.

I think this is the best ukulele website there is. Loads of information ( use the search gizmo ) and plenty of people who love to answer questions.
You are at the right place. Welcome.

Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Welcome DH (Designated Hitter? ha) - hola from sunny and warmer Arizona

Welcome to the Forum DH. Where in NH are you? We are on Cape Ann, Ma.[endquote]

I'm in Nashua.

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Top Bottom