New from Utah

cdwakamatsu

Reaction score
I'm an Uke beginner of 3 weeks. My wife (from Hawaii) has had a Soprano Uke for years, but I never picked it up until at a family get-together 3 weeks ago, where my son (who plays the Uke a bit) wanted to do some family singing. I picked it up and couldn't put it down... My fingers were so sore and I got blisters!

I decided that I really wanted to get into Ukulele playing so I spent days on line looking for an Uke to buy for myself. I found "The Ukulele Site" and ended up buying a Pono ATD - Gloss Acacia tenor which should come next week.

I've been trying to teach myself on my wife's Uke, but without any direction I've found it difficult. I've spent hours on YouTube getting bits of instruction here and there until today, when I ran across a YouTube video posted by the Ukulele Underground about the circle of 5ths. It instructed me to go to the UU+ web site to download a copy of it.

When I got there I saw that there was a cost, and initially was a bit disappointed. However, when I saw the yearly $150 year subscription with a 30 money back guarantee, I thought to myself that if I really want to learn I should subscribe, so I did. I took the Improvement Systems "Essential Chords Course" and did the first 7 lessons and I'm so excited that I now have access to some wonderful instruction!

Absolutely money well spent, and I'm so thankful I stumbled across this site!

Top Bottom