Season 258 Hottest 2,300

Greetings to the new brunette (Shirley)

Well. It's true I (really) couldn't find anything that spoke to me in the yearly lists; but once the archives had been opened up, I found this one in two 'all-time' hottest 100s (1989 & 1990). The online tabs are all very hit & miss, and so it's taken me nearly all day to work out how it should go. Not saying that _this_ is how it should go, but at least _I_ know :)

Edit: My dear partner in life's journey tells me that when I'm concentrating on something, I remind her of nothing so much as a turtle. Well, there's some top turtle in the opening few seconds of this vid. :)

Last edited:
I wasn't sure I was going to get anything done for this week; what with exam re-sits and revisions, doctor's appointments, etc, getting in the way. But yesterday I was inspired to write this tongue in cheek tribute to Robin's Theme - which I hope he'll accept in the spirit with which it was written ;)

Anyway, here is "Listmania" for your delight and delectation.

Lyrics in the Youtube Description and in subtitles.

If anyone is still trying to think up a last minute entry, can I suggest #1 from 2014. It's ridiculously easy, and the original was played on a uke... Of course it's a really annoying song if you've heard it lots of times...

Here's #6 from 2014 - "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson feat: Bruno Mars.

I wish I had more time to explore some more esoteric choices from the lists! This was one I have been messing around with for a while so it was easy make a quick video.

Changed my mind and I wanted to do something for Robin. His first time as our host :) I was going to do a song my daughters and I would turn up and sing along to, Da Ba Dee, Da Ba Die (Blue) Eiffel 65 but then this other song found me. I liked the odd combo of chords in the chorus so, here it is...My cover of JJJ's yearly top 100 is from 2005 and was at number 44 Emiliana Torrini "Sunny Road".

I hope you guys don't mind if I add one of my own to the playlist. This one's a bit rough and ready, but I've been busy. I thought I would do a #1 because nobody had done one yet. This one was #1 in 2006.

My random and Intermittent laptop decided it didn't mind playing this morning so I quickly jumped on this one (Its in the mix there somewhere), only ran through it four or five times so there are blips and slips but I hate missing a new hosts first outing so it is what it is.

Last edited:
Perhaps - just perhaps if I can find something I might get a video in.... first time I've had a chance to see what's going on here, and I see it's your first hosting Robin, and I would like to.... I'll get searching for something...

Perhaps - just perhaps if I can find something I might get a video in.... first time I've had a chance to see what's going on here, and I see it's your first hosting Robin, and I would like to.... I'll get searching for something...

Feel free to ask for help if you need it. Also, do you remember that song I did for your season that you liked? It was #3 in 2002.

While dozing today before going to a University Dance Show (which was just fab btw), I had this idea. I found the song "Island in the Sun" by Weezer which I learned right here on the Undergound from Alderine :) Made sense to play it. I'm loading the vid now but got a feeling it's going to turn out all glitchy.......I was right!!! But posting anyway. If only someone had wanted to help me with the surprise part it would have been better! Darn program even glitched me, lol.

Number 7 in 2001

Instant Crush - Daft Punk/Julian Casablancas. This appeared on the 2013 Hottest 100, ranking 58th. Multi-tracking always takes a long time for me, mainly because I become such a perfectionist, but this was also the first time I've used a MIDI keyboard. Relieved I didn't miss the cutoff.

Cool theme! I decided to go back to 1989, and pick the highest ranked song that was new to me. I couldn't be more pleased that the song #2 was this bittersweet beauty from Hunters & Collectors:

Well, that's all folks. Thank you all for participating, and I'll post a wrap video shortly. Nobody picked up the second bonus prize, which would have gone to the person that performed "January 26" by A. B. Original. There is a language warning if you watch the video.

Just a quickie before the deadline with a dodgy chord ending arghhhhhhh ...........

Well, that's all folks. Thank you all for participating, and I'll post a wrap video shortly. Nobody picked up the second bonus prize, which would have gone to the person that performed "January 26" by A. B. Original. There is a language warning if you watch the video.

This is my fav song of the 100 and I came so close to working it up.
If the original people call it Invasion Day and we just keep celebrating - where can we go from there? Wave that flaggie ....

Greetings,

Great week Robin. Wish I could have done more. Some cool vids!

Ciao

Good Season, Robin! I love being urged to stretch and discover stuff! Thanks!

It's amazing how many of you participate in the Seasons each week!

I have to admit, since I'm new to the uke, I simply can't learn new songs that quickly, especially as the uke is not my main instrument. You all know how much practice it takes! But, if a theme comes along that I can contribute something to, then I most certainly will.

Good luck everyone! :)

Top Bottom