Hive Katalox & Red Spruce Build Progress

I have always loved the shapes and proportions of Jakes instruments. This wood combo is just outrageous! What a proud owner you will be.

Your uke is looking fantastic Hodge! Certainly a long wait, but it will be well worth it.

Jake has been using Tony Hernandez for his finishing lately, at least he did for my two. Did you request that Addam finish yours?

Your uke is looking fantastic Hodge! Certainly a long wait, but it will be well worth it.

Jake has been using Tony Hernandez for his finishing lately, at least he did for my two. Did you request that Addam finish yours?

Thanks Dana. I am pleased how it has turned out. The build hasn’t seemed that long while getting periodic progress pictures from Jake, and at the start he told me it would be 18 months.

Actually, Jake didn’t say who was finishing it. I just assumed he was still having Addam do his finishing. I’ll have to ask.

Turns out I already have a uke that Jake built, my 2010 Flamed Cherry Compass Rose.

It looks pure class, just like Jake and yourself Hodge. Really is shaping up to be a speical instrument. I am anxious to hear one of your well done sound sample of this beauty.

I really do love the color the Katalox has taken under finish. The top is a primo piece of spruce as well, with all the silking evident in the grain structure. No doubt it will sound amazing, you must be getting excited

I've been waiting for an update on this uke, Hodge. I figured that it was getting close. The finish looks fantastic!

Gorgeous looking ukulele; I'm sure it will sound fantastic also. looking forward to your sound bite.

Wow Hodge, this is SO AMAZING. I am happy for you.

Congrats on the purchase of it ... I am sure it will bring you so much pleasure for years!

Hodge, I'm not sure I've ever been as excited about somebody else's uke! LOL. Given the many fine ukes you've had, I am very much looking forward to you joining the Bee Hive! ;-)

Top Bottom