Collings UC2-MC Concert Ukulele FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Reaction score
C5.jpgC6.jpgC9.jpgC2.jpg

I am selling my wonderful Collings UC2-MC, (Mountain Cedar), Concert Ukulele. Mountain Cedar is not a typical soft Cedar. It is a very light, hard tone wood. I am asking $1500.00 including PayPal and shipping to the continental US. The fingerboard, head overlay and bridge are Rosewood, so US only. The condition is excellent and the build, tone and playability are Collings. The serial number is 1352, making it either a 2013 or 2014 build. The finish is thin, so the grain is not completely filled, (see side photos). There are no scratches or dings. I am selling because I don't play Concert, so it needs a new home.

Please excuse the dark sound sample. The sound is accurate, player gets nervous in front of a camera and mic. Recorded on a Zoom Q2n..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-K2w-Cc9c&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Nice sound sample dog, and very nice looking ukulele. Good playing as well sir! It has a super sweet tone. I wish I could play concert, but my fingers have not been able to adapt. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
These instruments are wonderful. I see that Collings are not making ukuleles any more which is unfortunate. I have a Tenor and love it. I thought of selling it but in retrospect glad I have not. Something to think about with the decision by Collings to not to make any more ukuleles you might want to hang on it a bit longer.

I have played a Collings uke once and it was magical. Good luck on the sale

I have gotten cold feet, so I am making the Collings "no longer available". Thanks for the positive remarks, but I have been playing it a bit over the past week and I think that I would regret letting it go and need to give the concert size more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom