Seasons of the Uke #259 - It's GROUNDHOG DAY!!

Ginas uke

Reaction score
Greetings All,

It's Groundhog Day! What does that mean - well Punxsutawney Phil and I will try to explain it. The vid probably does a better job, but here goes.

The movie Groundhog Day is about trying to do the same thing over and over until you get it right. Your mission.....

A) Record the same song (in 2 vids) two different ways. The vid explains this better. Please label part A and B so I can consider them both together.

B) Any song with an artist with the name of Phil (in any form, Fil, Phillip, Phillips, etc) either first or last name. Or any band containing such a person. There are tons of them. Have fun checking it out.

c) Surprise me - any song original that relates to the move Groundhog Day, or the concept of it. Or any song with my favorite rodent "Punxy".

Your vids are unlimited, your music is your art in the best form you care to present it. No limits but please make the uke the star, and please make the submissions new vids only. (I explain that one better in my vid).

Usual start time ....end time....blah blah. There will be little prizes, fun items I picked up in Punxsutawney.

PS: The first vid in the thread is Punxy Phil and the whole shindig they do on Groundhog Day. :)

Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnSrBhx7N7HsdLPV-y50GIoUlebwlHi2k

Last edited:
Thanks Gina. What a creative theme. It should be great!

Sorry. Bit slow here. Could you explain all that one more time? :rolleyes:

Great movie, great theme! I think I'll be listening to this playlist again and again and again and again and again and again!

Great movie, great theme! I think I'll be listening to this playlist again and again and again and again and again and again!

I know what you are thinking Randy. I knew it the minute this theme was posted. I think Tiffany's going to try and beat you to it. The race is on! (Okay, you'll probably win because these things take time for Tiffany)

I should have saved the Moody Blues' "Land of Make Believe" from a few weeks ago for this season. Because the second verse is just a repeat of the first.

Well this is turning into groundhog day - recorded an original, then rerecorded it quite differently, then uploaded both to YouTube, then realised i had the date wrong in the lyric so went through the whole process again......

Hey all,
I have a tendency to ramble (Jersey thing I think) ...I welcome any questions on the rules. Don't forget Season 258 is till on. If I had time I would record another song for Robin's season but moving furniture all day after a wine tasting last night in Point Pleasant (yup, the Jersey shore) I am toast. I had pre-recorded my season vid before the wine tasting. It's time for vino again on Saturday night 10 PM in NJ so you all can record when the time is right while I am sleeping later.

Have fun
Ciao

Sorry this is early but it's 12:30 pm here in Oregon and I am tired after a long day at the roller rink with my 11 year old for her un-birthday party, so I'm posting now and going to bed. This is a demo of the initial process I use to record my multi-tracks. I hope that you enjoy a little insight to what I do to prepare for a song to do. I think that it might also explain why I don't a lot of straight forward videos. This my 'A' video for the week. I'll try to get the 'B' posted sooner than later but we'll have to see how that goes. Enjoy.

I should have saved the Moody Blues' "Land of Make Believe" from a few weeks ago for this season. Because the second verse is just a repeat of the first.

There are quite a few songs like that, often two short verses so the structure is:

Verse 1, verse 2
Instrumental Break
Verse 1, verse 2

Just to make it up to 2 minutes.

Top Bottom