Can you put Tenor strings on a Concert?

Scatterbrain

Reaction score
I'm sorry if it's been asked before but I did try to search. I understand that they are a different gauge. I bought a single unwound Aquila red for my concert and am really not digging the Aquila strings on this. I have a tenor that I put D'addario pro-arte custom extruded on which I like.

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I put these on my concert and pop a full new set of low G strings on the tenor?
2. What is the difference between Worth Browns and Clears?

TIA

It should not be a problem. Usually there is a slight difference in gauge, but often not enough to cause problems.

Generally the Worth browns are thought to have a little warmer sound, the clears are a little crisper. You may have different results depending on your instrument.

In the case on number one, you can do whatever you want. If you are curious, why don't you do it and then you will be the one who has that answer?

It should not be a problem. Usually there is a slight difference in gauge, but often not enough to cause problems.

Generally the Worth browns are thought to have a little warmer sound, the clears are a little crisper. You may have different results depending on your instrument.

:agree: ^^^ exactly this :)

Thanks all! I will pop them on the concert then go with some Living Waters Low G strings on the tenor and maybe try Worths another day :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom