Must Have a slotted headstock!!

UkeNoobie

Reaction score
Help,

I really like the look of a slotted headstock.

I am looking for a Tenor scale ukulele recommendation with the following: Solid Cedar, Spruce, maple or some other light colored tone wood top with Mahogany or Rosewood or other dark (not Acacia/Koa) sides and back (laminate or solid) and a Gloss finish.

Also the vendor I purchase from must include a complete setup.

While I am on a budget it is not necessarily low. would like to see if I can find my way with ~$500.00

Thanks a bunch

Mitch

How about a Mainland?

http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

Mike (the owner) inspects and does a full setup on all ukes they sell, which are universally praised by folks here on UU.

I have 3 Mainland ukes now, all different, and there was a Mainland mango concert for sale in the Marketplace section a few days ago for a good price.

I'll put a vote in for the Kala KA-ATP-CTG tenor with solid cedar top and gloss finish :)

You need to talk to Mim of Mim's Ukes, she'll steer you right.

I like the solid cedar topped rosewood bodied ukes made by several manufacturers

KohanMike,

I have tried to talk to Mim, is it normal for her to be very slow to respond to e-mails. I had e-mailed her my requirements and the first time she responded "Look in my E-Bay store and let me know what you like" not very helpful.

Then I responded that there was nothing that that I really fit the bill, so I asked a number of additional questions and specified exactly what I was looking for with price range.

How long does Mim usually take to respond?

Try HMS Hawaii Music Supply or Uke Republic. Other suggestions like Mainland are great for slotted headstock in Mahogany.

I would say the best slotted headstock well priced all solid uke is the
Mainland mahogany concert with slotted headstock

• no binding, simplified look
  • all solid
  • under 300 dollars

I'll put a vote in for the Kala KA-ATP-CTG tenor with solid cedar top and gloss finish :)

Second on that. I just ordered two of these. One four string and one five string. There's a good deal of variation in color of acacia on two I have. The five string much darker veins and flamey and the four string more creamy lighter brown. IMG_1288.jpg

Lowest priced brand new tenor slotted headstock w solid spruce top is an alvarez au70t you can get one of these at guitar center or musicians friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/alvarez-au70t-artist-series-tenor-ukulele?cntry=us&source=3WWMWXGP&gclid=CPn7tLWrr9ICFVBhfgodFHQB2w&kwid=productads-adid^156403583515-device^m-plaid^140836646901-sku^J22639000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

With their often 15% off coupons you caneed get this for a really good price.

I've had the au70s last year and it was really nice other than some quality control issues like a split top below the bridge. I returned it but never bothered to buy another one as I wasn't really into ukes back then.

^ Actually right now guitar center is offering a 20% off friends and family coupon. It is applicable to the alvarez tenor slotted headstock making it less than 150 dollars total. Great deal im tempted but I have enough already.

Attachments

• AU70T-Front-3_4.jpg
    AU70T-Front-3_4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Top Bottom