Price for Kala Ubass

Croakie

Reaction score
What would be a fair price for a used Kala solid mahogony ubass with the onboard pre-amp?

I think a reasonable price would be street price-20%.

If you're concerned about price, take a look at the Rondo Hadean bass ukes for $150 to $180 (plus $25 for Road Toad Pahoehoe strings), I think they're pretty good, acoustic or solid body. www.rondomusic.com, then search for bass uke.

If you're concerned about price, take a look at the Rondo Hadean bass ukes for $150 to $180 (plus $25 for Road Toad Pahoehoe strings), I think they're pretty good, acoustic or solid body. www.rondomusic.com, then search for bass uke.

:agree: +1 for the Rondo bass ukes. I have both the solid body that looks like a mini Fender jazz bass, and also an acoustic-electric one that looks like a baritone with fat 'ears' with the big tuners.

I got both, new from Rondo for less than the price of a single NEW Kala Rumbler.

ETA: I am frugal to the core, so I would not spend $400 for a new Kala U-Bass, for me to make the jump, it would have to be less than that, and close to $200 while still being undamaged and fully playable, and I've never seen one that meets these terms on eBay or Craigslist so the one's from RONDO were an easy sell for me.

Last edited:
I've had a good experience with the Rondo Hadean Uke Bass as well. for $170 shipped it was perfectly functional. I got the curly maple one and it looks pretty good, although the finish is rough. The onboard tuner doesn't function very well (both I and the other person I know use snarks instead), but the pickup seems to function great. I haven't regularly played a Kala, but for a basic bass, Rondo is a good option. Also, the musician's gear case from musician's friend or guitar center fits the Hadean Uke base - if you shop the sales you can get a good deal on those.

Top Bottom