Trying to be good this year.

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
Last year, well actually the December before last, I bought my first uke & started to learn to play melodies. :D

Since getting my first uke, I fell into the UAS trap, & bought more ukes throughout the year, looking for that something that was missing. :drool:

I think I have now found my magic formula, & don't need to buy any more, so this year I am going to try & be good & get to practising & playing more. :music:

Maybe even try that strum & sing thing that you lot do, (again). :uhoh:

I go through buy and sell phases as the mood strikes me. I have learned a lot from each uke I have had in terms of preference for tone and physical dimensions. I am at the point where I have determined my keepers and I will be selling off the rest. I do have a few planned purchases this year, but they are planned and not an impulse buy. At least that's what I keep telling myself:p

Like you I want to concentrate more on the practicing and playing aspect. That said it did take me many ukes to figure out what I REALLY like and that was fun too.

Last year, well actually the December before last, I bought my first uke & started to learn to play melodies. :D

Since getting my first uke, I fell into the UAS trap, & bought more ukes throughout the year, looking for that something that was missing. :drool:

I think I have now found my magic formula, & don't need to buy any more, so this year I am going to try & be good & get to practising & playing more. :music:

Maybe even try that strum & sing thing that you lot do, (again). :uhoh:

Good decision. I'd like to see more ukers say that. Good luck in your endeavors.

I go through buy and sell phases as the mood strikes me. I have learned a lot from each uke I have had in terms of preference for tone and physical dimensions. I am at the point where I have determined my keepers and I will be selling off the rest. I do have a few planned purchases this year, but they are planned and not an impulse buy. At least that's what I keep telling myself:p

Like you I want to concentrate more on the practicing and playing aspect. That said it did take me many ukes to figure out what I REALLY like and that was fun too.

Downupdave, that's the silliest thing I have ever heard from you. I like to see your self-control when UAS hit which is more often than most. Your uke collections are becoming quite impressive so why stop now? Keep buying - for my own selfish reason!

I like to be good this year too.
So Santa can give me a nice uke.

Don't feel bad about your UAS. Ukuleles are like tools, they all have their purpose.
You would't use a hammer drill when you need a drill press. So, why play a soprano when you need a tenor?
Not that you couldn't, but you probable wouldn't play Beethoven on a banjo.

Don't feel bad about your UAS. Ukuleles are like tools, they all have their purpose.
You would't use a hammer drill when you need a drill press. So, why play a soprano when you need a tenor?
Not that you couldn't, but you probable wouldn't play Beethoven on a banjo.

Good decision. I'd like to see more ukers say that. Good luck in your endeavors.

I can say that. :eek: I haven't bought a uke since 9/2015, but did buy a flute this past Sept. I play and practice well and often, mostly via songwriting, performing and/or attempts at both. So I'm not buying and I enjoy what I have. But not to worry, I have other issues that are far beyond the scope of this thread! :D And I just finished a song whose hook is, "we can exercise our right to try again."

I can say that. :eek: I haven't bought a uke since 9/2015, but did buy a flute this past Sept. I play and practice well and often, mostly via songwriting, performing and/or attempts at both. So I'm not buying and I enjoy what I have. But not to worry, I have other issues that are far beyond the scope of this thread! :D And I just finished a song whose hook is, "we can exercise our right to try again."

Hi, i play flute(s) too, but i've been working on other stuff and only play them once in a while. What kinda music do you play? I play mostly folk and classical. I like Irish music alot.
:eek:ld:

Top Bottom