Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tab Request: 99 Luftballons, Nena--riff

Now please keep in mind that this is my 1st attempt at tabbing anything, I play by ear, and I am a recovering guitar player. This also looks completely different on a phone, so please use desktop version/format.
    Last edited by KyMojo; 02-05-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    Kentucky Mojo is Music Out of Junk Objects... from junk to funk!
    www.facebook.com\KentuckyMojo @KentuckyMojo on Twitter

ok, guess I lost you. This may not sound "high enough" because when you changed the key you forced the position on the fret board up from around the 10-12th to the 12th through the 14thish (don't have my uke in front of me right now), which is kind of hard to play on the uke because of the body of the uke (unless you have a cut away uke) and will not fit into the strum/solo pattern you wanted to do. That is the problem with trying to cover the "full sound" of a song that has 86 piano keys, 6 guitar strings/22 frets, 4 bass strings available... on 4 nylon strings and 12 frets!

Quote Originally Posted by KyMojo;
    Now please keep in mind that this is my 1st attempt at tabbing anything, I play by ear, and I am a recovering guitar player. This also looks completely different on a phone, so please use desktop version/format.
    Hi Kentucky: These were a really great couple of posts. As regards formatting tab, a handy hint is to wrap the tab inside the ['code']['/code'] tags. You can either do this by typeing what I just typed (leaving out the quote marks which I had to put there to make them visible), or highlighting the text and clicking the # icon in the 'Go Advanced' menu bar.

Anything inside the 'code /code' tags is formatted in monospace, so everything lines up regardless of what size its displayed at. So when I'm preparing tab for posting in a message in the forum, what I do is prepare it in Courier in Wordpad or Notepad, and once I've got everything lined up there, copy and paste it into the code tags in my post....

Quote Originally Posted by KyMojo View Post
    G.........Am...C........D.............G........Am. ..C.......D..........

2-3---3-2-----333-3-3-2-0------2-3--3-2-----333-3-5-2-0----
    -----3-----3-0---------------3--------3----3-----------------3---
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
    G     Am    C      D        G     Am    C      D
    2-3-3-2-----3-33-3-3-2-0----2-3-3-2-----3-33-3-5-2-0---
    ---3----3-0--------------3-----3----3-0--------------3-
    -------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------
    See how everything all lines up inside the 'code' tags? If you click on 'reply with quote', you'll see that what I've posted here is all over the place in the edit window, even though it lines up perfectly in 'Preview Post', which is why I suggest not trying to write the tab directly into the message, but getting it all lined up in Courier in a simple text editor such as Wordpad or Notepad before dropping it inside the 'code' tags. HTH, and thanks for a great set of tabs!!

Code:
    :G:::::::: Am:::::: C::::: D:::::::::: G::::::: Am::::: C::::: D::::::::
    -2--3—3----2--------3-33-3-3-2-0-------2--3—3---2-------3-33-3-5-2-0----
    -3----3----0-3-0----0------2------3----3--3-----0--3-0--0------2-----33-
    -2---------0--------0------2-----------2--------0-------0------2--------
    -----------2--------0------2--------------------2-------0------2--------
    Quote Originally Posted by KyMojo View Post
    You could also end on the G chord (instead of just the last single note) for a big finish, since the songs ends abruptly on that note:
    Code:
    :G:::::::: Am:::::: C::::: D::::::::::: G::::::: Am:::::: C::::: D::::::: G
    -2--3—3----2--------3-33-3-3-2-0--------2--3—3---2--------3-33-3-5-2-0----2-!
    -3----3----0-3-0----0------2-----3------3----3---0--3-0---0------2------3-3-!
    -2---------0--------0------2------------2--------0--------0------2--------2-!
    -----------2--------0------2---------------------2--------0------2----------!
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton sop. | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SSTU travel sopranissimo | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Maholo sop. | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Thanks Redpaul1!

Thread Information