Ohana BK-70 Baritone - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Doesn't really look like an Ohana, to me, different logo & headstock from the ones I have; & I don't think it's worth more than the equivalent Kala either. :(

(Just my personal thoughts.)

Definitely an Ohana though - on account of it being shipped to me with a bunch of other Ohanas from their HQ!

Interestingly, on their website a few are showing this logo. Perhaps it's their new one? The swirly 'O' is essentially the O from the original Ohana logo

I like that new logo, too. I noticed it on a slot head tenor in Mim's shop and thought it reminded me of a high-end Olson guitar. Being a James Taylor fan, I can live with that. :)

Thanks for your review, Baz!

It's interesting - as ukulele brand logos go, I always thought the original (if that's what it is) Ohana logo was one of the classier ones around. I didn't think it could be improved much, but I too like the O. Still very Ohana, still classy.

I'm still guessing it's a new logo - not seen it on all instruments as yet - maybe just certain ones. But then, it can't be that it's reserved for high end models as this baritone is not in their high end bracket.

You ought to try out some of the Caramel Baritones. My CB-103 Zebrawood Laminate is as good as the Ohana BK-70 but only $85 US delivered, with electronics. I'm not sure what the price in pounds would be but it would be cheap for a good Uke.

i've got a Caramel tenor on test at the moment. Sorry, but I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about them to be honest. Maybe just the model I have on loan, but I find it distinctly average. I also don't get the huge push on laminate zebrawood out of China these days. I've had about 4 cross my path in the last few months! Sorry!

Top Bottom