Season 260 : Roads Girdle the Globe

..... The New YouTube Heroes program coupled with the YT/ Eagles copywrite policy endangers the existence of our Channels. The song would be nice to add to this season but such is Freedom of Speech in the virtual world.

Didn't know about this. What a disastrous idea! They reward users who become little gestapo spies and report anyone they don't like for content abuse. Now that sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? That's not going to be open to abuse, is it? Good grief Charlie Brown!

Jim My earlier comment referred to "A Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" from Genesis' concept album of the same name. I don't think I'll will get this recorded this week but knowing how you love Prog Rock somebody might pick up on the Idea. Genesis' song is based on this one, loosely.

Didn't know about this. What a disastrous idea! They reward users who become little gestapo spies and report anyone they don't like for content abuse. Now that sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? That's not going to be open to abuse, is it? Good grief Charlie Brown!
Yes Bernie YouTube Heroes really sucks!

Last edited:
I first heard this on the Joan Baez 75th Birthday celebration album (thanks TurtleDrum for gifting that to me). Its the first song that popped in my head and the only one I will have time to do this week. This is a fantastic theme Jim. So many many songs to choose from.

An old song back from the late 90ies...I wanted to record a new version anyway..just perfect for the Seasons:)

This seemed an obvious non-U2 song for this season, here is my take on Talking Heads - Road to nowhere.
I borrowed someones road trip video, to get the road to nowhere effect ;-).

Jim My earlier comment referred to "A Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" from Genesis' concept album of the same name. I don't think I'll will get this recorded this week but knowing how you love Prog Rock somebody might pick up on the Idea. Genesis' song is based on this one, loosely.
I appreciate the thought. I've played that one myself. I played it at an open mike a couple of months ago.

There's another prog song I'd love to learn, but I don't expect to get to this week, by a Pennsylvania band called Echolyn. It's called "1729 Broadway", about a man who leaves his family during the Depression to find work in another city, and him writing letters to his wife about how much he misses them. This was from a great album called "Cowboy Poems Free", which was prog rock with lyrics about Americana themes.

Last edited:
It is really hard to find songs written about the highway that has been within a few miles of every home I have lived in, but there is one...
It is not a great song by any means even though Social Distortion and Mike Ness have written a few doozies, this regretfully ain't one of them. Still had to play it.
Highway 101.

I would like to record this song for the Season but Iam not going to. The New YouTube Heroes program coupled with the YT/ Eagles copywrite policy endangers the existence of our Channels. The song would be nice to add to this season but such is Freedom of Speech in the virtual world.

The Eagles only covered this song. It was written by Steve Young. Do it like he did, and I'm pretty sure you'll be safe. I've never gotten a copyright hit on mine that I did, Steve Young style.

Edited to add: And for that matter, the Eagles didn't even come up with their version. They copied Ian Matthews.

Ian Matthews in 1973, seven years before the Eagles did it.

Last edited:
Reading through, I now like the Youtube Heroes as much as I like the Eagles. Which is a lot because I always get into trouble when I say something negative about a band on here. A whole lot.

They have turned off "dislikes" for that video. You can still like it, but you can't dislike it. I guess they felt that they needed to stop the dislikes before they hit a million.

I'm "Takin' It to the Streets"! And don't try to stop me. I've got a tiple, and the tuning could go off at any moment.

They have turned off "dislikes" for that video. You can still like it, but you can't dislike it. I guess they felt that they needed to stop the dislikes before they hit a million.

Oh dear. Can't cope with criticism. Diddums. :biglaugh:

Interesting. I've just disliked it on the iPad YT App. Either it's not been turned off on the tablet Apps or it's a country thing.

There's a video criticising YT heroes - on YT! :) https://youtu.be/D250FYHvV2w

Blackberry Way (The Move)

Saw the MOVE with Ron Wood and Jeff Lynne in the late 60's
I have always liked this song.

Hi Jim! My first offering of the week is a cheerful little ditty by English folk singer, Ralph McTell. (Well, it WAS written in 1969, and I'm hoping that things have probably changed since then, but I have a feeling they probably haven't!)

I have a song lined up, but I also have a cold and not much voice left. This week could be touch and go...

Top Bottom