What is your favorite, most-played uke brand?

valde002

Reaction score
Just wondering which brand is your most used, your go-to brand. Not necessarily the best sounding, or most expensive, or best wood. But most chosen when you reach out for something to strum...

Was going to make this a poll, but there are SO many brands out there that I could not keep it to 10 max!

Last edited:
Loprinzi. I'm sure most will say what is in their sig :)

Loprinzi. I'm sure most will say what is in their sig :)

Alot of sigs have multiple ukes... Am sure they don't all get played equally!

I am learning that I have not heard like, most of the ukuleles out there. Loprinizi is not common at the local music shop

Favorite is KoAloha for a number of reasons...I like what Pops stands for, and the instruments sound incredible.

The instruments I have been playing the most as of late are Caramel Concerts, as I have them strung with KIDS Aquila strings, and as I teach my students chords, I can show them on the same colored strings they are using.

In the summer, the Outdoor is my most frequent instrument--I can take it everywhere (and I do, sometimes to my wife's disapproval).

But generally I gravitate towards my Opio or Pono...but as I am doing some composing/arranging (voice/ukulele) I am using my "oldest" uke (Makala CE) or my "newest" uke, my Caramel Sopranino--which is handy when sounding out chords.

The one that I own that I like most would have to be my Mele Mango Concert. It sounds really sweet, clear, and bright. The best I have ever played would have to be a Pohaku koa soprano. I'd totally invest in a Pohaku if I had a spare $1000 lying around.

Judging by the looks of its fret board, my most used uke is the Martin OXK. Not as nice sounding as the Kamaka or the Eastman and no wood at all except maybe the laminated neck.

Kamaka - they're all I play! I've tried a few other K brands and even a custom, and the only ones I've kept are my three Kamakas.

Would love to have a Kamaka someday! Talk about rich history.

My Favourite is the Ko'olau CS... most played is the KoAloha which got more play time in 2 weeks than the Ko'olau ( 4 months). It is just easier to play, more relaxed, not so "uptight", I can just relax and focus on the fun of playing instead of aiming for accuracy and perfection. Once I can play a song well enough, I move on to the Ko'olau... but somehow still end up back at the KoAloha. ;)

Ko'olau and Pono.

My Compass Rose!

Last year it was definately my Kala (KA-SLNG) long neck soprano that got grabbed up the most, but I have since bought a pair of Ohana solid mahogany tenor scales in soprano (SK30L) & concert (CK35L) sizes, & I have a feeling it will be one of them this year. ;)

I love the sound of my 2 baritones, (spruce top & cedar top), but they are not as accessible for a quick grab & practice. :)

The one in my hand at any given moment. Seriously......all my ukes get played just at different times for different periods for different reasons. They are all kept in cases so nothing is just sitting out to be grabbed at a moments notice. To really pick one most played would be my LfdM. I do have a Blackbird Farallon on order that will be able to sit out in the open 24/7 so we shall see if it gets the most play time

Last edited:
My favorites are the Mainland Mahogany Tenor and the Koaloha Opio Sapele Soprano - two different instruments, imho and get used for different effect/sound/songs. The most played, however is the Outdoor Ukulele Tenor, as it is always with me.

Top Bottom