What is your favorite, most-played uke brand?

I'd say both Koaloha and Kala.
I have to say Kala really impressed me.
Great value for money : great feel, awesome sound at a really reasonable price. I have a scallop spruce top tenor and a cedar top baritone and they are simply awesome.
Third, Fluke. Not perfect, but solid as a rock and sounds good. Good for camping.

If we are talking grabbing an ukulele and figuring out a song...most often it is my Kamoa pineapple. I don't play it on my videos all the time, but it is my go to to figure out a song. In fact, I don't even really play soprano often, but when a song is stuck in my head and I want to figure it out (daily)...that is what I do it on.

Right now my favorite uke is my ohana cedar rosewood. Can't seem to sell it so I guess I'll make the most of it and use the hell out of it. Say it's my favorite uke for a time being so in a year or two , I wont feel the sting of buyers remorse over the money spent.

Equally Kamaka and Martin

Judging by the looks of its fret board, my most used uke is the Martin OXK. Not as nice sounding as the Kamaka or the Eastman and no wood at all except maybe the laminated neck.

Well, all the internal bracing is wood as well. (LOVE my 0XK!)

Cheers.

Martin. Got one at work (along with 6 non-Martins) and one at home (along with 2 non-Martins, plus my wife's 4, all non-Martin). The wife's most played is probably her Ohana, although she switches more than I do.

Right now I am practicing every morning for 30-60 minutes while taking online lessons through the "Ukulele Way". Even though I own a Moore Bettah, 2 Mya Moes and 2 Kamaka ukuleles, I practice on my Fluke.
It sits on the corner of my desk and is always ready to play. No worries about humidity, scratches, bumps etc.

Most played that I own? Pono. Yes, there are more expensive ukes out there, but the one that I could afford, that I play most often, is my Pono Mahogany Tenor Deluxe.

Right now I am practicing every morning for 30-60 minutes while taking online lessons through the "Ukulele Way". Even though I own a Moore Bettah, 2 Mya Moes and 2 Kamaka ukuleles, I practice on my Fluke.
It sits on the corner of my desk and is always ready to play. No worries about humidity, scratches, bumps etc.

Haha, I'm the same way. Like to save my good ones for real playing time. I like to learn on my laminate with no worries about wear and tear. I see that you have 2 of the same kinds. Do you string your duplicates differently?

Haha, I'm the same way. Like to save my good ones for real playing time. I like to learn on my laminate with no worries about wear and tear. I see that you have 2 of the same kinds. Do you string your duplicates differently?

the 2 Mya- Moes are a Tenor resonator and a tenor steel string lap steel. The 2 Kamakas are a tenor and an 8 string tenor.

Well, all the internal bracing is wood as well. (LOVE my 0XK!)

Cheers.

I forgot about the bracing. The neck and tail block look like they're wood too. That explains the great OXK sound hole aroma!

I am a Kamaka fan!!!

Favorite Uke

Just wondering which brand is your most used, your go-to brand. Not necessarily the best sounding, or most expensive, or best wood. But most chosen when you reach out for something to strum...

Was going to make this a poll, but there are SO many brands out there that I could not keep it to 10 max!

For me, my favorites are the Spruce/Maple Tenor Collings and LN Kamaka followed by my little known Palm Tree Tenor

KANILE'A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a K2-T - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a Kanile'a Islander MT-4- EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beats out my other ukes, "fer sure".

I tend to cycle through my ukes, depending on mood and what size-preference phase I'm currently in. Overall, it is probably my Barron River tenor. At present I'm smitten with the aNueNue Moon Bird concert and intend to play it exclusively for a month to get really familiar with it. It's something I should have done with all instruments when I first got them.

Top Bottom