Gold Tone mbass 25 - Pahoehoe strings? Where to buy?

dhbailey

Reaction score
I have been researching these basses, Kala, Hadean, Gold Tone, and think I have decided to get the Gold Tone 25" scale. Most of what I have read about the Gold Tone suggests that the strings which come with it should be replaced with Pahoehoe strings. Lots of places have the 20/21" scale sets, and even Sweetwater has the 23/24" set, but nobody seems to have a 25" set. I know they are available from Roadtoad Music, but the set says to make a special inquiry for longer than 23/24" sets. I sent the message Tuesday morning and have heard nothing yet, so I was wondering if there might be other sources. Or can the 23/24" set be used on a 25" bass. I know that most strings are sold with a lot of excess so I wonder if that might be the same here so I could make do with a set not specifically for 25" bass.

Thanks in advance for any insights you can offer, even if it's to say that you have the Gold Tone 25" and the original strings are just fine for you.

Thanks!

The 23/24 stretch so much, you certainly can use them on a 25" scale, they're not at all like any other kind of string. I've used 20/21" on my 24" scale Rondo Hadean solid bodies. They stretch so much that even after a few weeks, they will wrap on the posts over themselves, which eventually you will need to restring and cut them down.

Thank you! That's just the information I was looking for! Now I've got all the info I need and simply need to get the money together!

Top Bottom