Season 261 of the Ukulele.

TCK - that was an amazing intro. You should be a writer. You really have a way with words brother. This promises to be a great Season and I can't wait to see and hear what it brings. Long live the Seasons!

The Incredible crab

Since I have done one for Jon I really need to post the Wee Joo collaboration from some time ago.
I don't know if you can find the original anymore but it is such a great song I think it deserves another
airing. Since it deals with so many issues that are social, financial and ecological :)
Tinker bell, second Uke, and coloured girl backing vocals.

This is maybe the best themepost we've ever had. But I've got the same problem as the first time this Season came around. I don't have anyone available to play with. My wife doesn't sing or play an instrument, and has no interest in being in a video. Truth be told, she's watched maybe two of the 500-plus videos I've made. The reason you had poor attendance the first time is that a lot of people are in that boat.

I'm in the same situation. But I'll try to convince my mom to join me for a song. She thinks she can't sing, even though she has a nice voice. :(

Dave i found one last video a season video stashed away on my google drive i think it is season 20 lol the video says season 23 oooops and its simon and me again doing some southern rock. I promise this is the last one .

You Remind Me Of You - Jack Johnson

Joining me this week is my seven-month-old daughter Margo. Her playing style is avant garde and she's a bit of an equipment snob, but she certainly adds to the presentation :) Some bonus material included as well.

What a ####ing season!!!!!!!!
Enough here already to keep this ol grey beard happy until winter.
God I love this place.

I think that with TCK it might be safe to slip in some post modern industrial punk
In actual fact this was done by BEV and PEEWEE and I added some extra grunge.
It is a call for both of them to return to the seasons... we all know they want to.
This early BEV when the playing was all UPSTOKES :)

Last edited:
Greetings,

A simple vid on a Sunday after a late night with Shane. We chose an Irish ballad, one we sang together in Ireland. I had to record today since he is off on trip all week ;(. So here you go, it's almost St. Paddy's day. Since he was born in Dublin on St. Pat's, it was fitting for us.

Here goes,
Ciao

Recorded but not really intended for anything other than a run through to hear how it sounded.
A paoriginal with help from my brother Ivam and his wife Debbie.
The silly look in the middle is because our dog was in the room insisting that someone throw his ball. Sheesh.
Amen for sotu 261

Well, it's about time y'all meet Lori via this great Shel Silverstein song.

This is maybe the best themepost we've ever had. But I've got the same problem as the first time this Season came around. I don't have anyone available to play with. My wife doesn't sing or play an instrument, and has no interest in being in a video. Truth be told, she's watched maybe two of the 500-plus videos I've made. The reason you had poor attendance the first time is that a lot of people are in that boat.

Greetings,

I'll play with you. Post a song and I'll will collab if u want. FYI...I collab by putting your vid up and the playing with it and adding a effect if I can. Not too tech like, so it's not "mixed". I'm sure someone else can do better.

:)

PM me if interested. 😀

Would it be ok for you if you only see my collab partner's uke/face? I still have not learned how to do do splitscreen videos. Great theme btw.....nothing better than jamming with other Folks.

Would it be ok for you if you only see my collab partner's uke/face? I still have not learned how to do do splitscreen videos. Great theme btw.....nothing better than jamming with other Folks.

Do you need help? PM me, I can edit the video together for you. I'm getting over a cold so I don't know if I'll be performing this week but it'd be nice to participate.

That's what I like to see- Folks reaching out! Gina- thanks for getting some collabs going with our folks who might not otherwise join the party and Linear thanks for offering to help! (hope you feel better soon)
And here I just showed up for the free beer....
Lucillejustrocks- I don't care what part of you collaborator we see, as my newest friend here on the seasons, I just demand that you get a song here all right mate?

Last edited:
Somebody went out to look at birds and boy you lot have been busy! Thank you all for your kind words about my rambling on and on...I am sure it irritates the hell out of some people but oh well- I can't change it. In any event- I had some great new videos to watch! Here is what I thought when I saw them:

Ukuleledaddy I’m totally bowled over by this cover here – nothing better than Op Ivy on the Uke (or Green Day if you are a youngster)…has me grinning so hard it hurts. Kind of pissed I was not told this was happening though- it is only 600 miles ;) Fantastic stuff, thanks for making it happen my friend. Glad you guys are playing again…and green with envy.

TomcatWombat- THIS IS A TREASURE!!! Not only for you and Margo, which I am sure will be a great source of joy when she is older (and over the embarrassment of having “that dad”) but for all of us as well. What a great song choice and video here…complete with hilarious out takes. Love all of this…welcome to the Seasons Margo!

Ginas Uke I adore this song, and play it often. ‘Course, I usually have a go at it when I am full of the redhead so rarely is it this darn pretty. Very nicely done, I do love a good “couples skate”…we ought to see more of Shane around here. We don’t mind an occasional guitar ;) Thanks for playing this for us Gina

Pabrizzer Well there he is! Musta slept in huh? Just to see how it sounded…Let me tell you. To my ear this is perfect- hauntingly beautiful harmonies laid over a beautifully played melody. I was wondering if there was anything that could added to this…and then I heard the jingle of a dog collar. BINGO. Perfect. Thanks for this lovely tune Pa

Harry122 Oh my goodness…this is PRICELESS. You really bring something special to the seasons and I always enjoy your enthusiastic and often cheerful videos, but I have tears streaming down my face right now on this one. Lori’s nods and glances in this are the thing of seasons LEGEND. None of us will soon forget this one mate, thanks for bringing it, and Lori- Welcome to the seasons!

Davey- That was Seans first time hosting…it was 23! Love this jam!
Wee- Had to go change the second playlist…it is now oldies folks have brought for inspiration because they are AWESOME!!!! Excellent song there from Joo…who has so much charm it is hard to build on, but you did it mate ;) Wee Ginga Yin (and Peewee and Bev) Any style you want, especially if it is this style!!!! Love this tune, Nice STUFF!!!! And yes. Tantrum coming if they are not able to return, I do so want to see them both.

We are up to ten videos and looking to DESTROY the last time I ran this out there- thanks for the smiles gang, keep them coming!

Last edited:
Hey, great theme here. Hope some of the original Seasonista's show up :) I'm going to share a video from back in 2010 where I went all over town and up and down a beach and asked people if they would like to play the uke. I guess I wasn't playing with them exactly but just sharing the love. Hope you enjoy it.

bonesigh...That is EXACTLY what we ought to be doing, thanks for sharing. Seems this party has come to a screeching halt, so I am going to post the video that inspired me to make it...after 140 weeks of not hosting (because I had to find the right idea...and that is hard sometimes, and then it hits you like a brick). You guys know Frank Turner? In any event, he has two or three songs that make me think about what we are doing here....if I can get up the gall I may invite him here to see what we do. For now I am a fan...of a guy who knows EXACTLY what we do every week and plays perfect campfire punk rock. We write love songs in G and do politics in C and write songs about our friends in E minor....
Bless you all.

Last edited:
Don't know if I can get together with anyone for a new one, but here's one that Fitncrafty made a couple of years back on St. Patrick's Day - I was performing at a local farmer's market with Carrie's son Zach (on guitar).

It must be all of 10 minutes since I last did a Beatles cover, TurtleDrum clambered on board for this one though. Great theme TCK, music's for sharing.

Top Bottom