Season 261 of the Ukulele.

I will try to do something new just depends on if i get my voice back and this virus goes and i get myself organised for friday but i will try if you want these old songs taken down i dont mind i was just trying to participate in some small way all the best from me x

I will try to do something new just depends on if i get my voice back and this virus goes and i get myself organised for friday but i will try if you want these old songs taken down i dont mind i was just trying to participate in some small way all the best from me x
are you kidding mate? these are freakin awesome. we miss you Dave. get better. if you post something new it's icing.

A Wee Pa low budget production.
Pa's original video is about 4 year old. I added some backup vocals and a couple of Uke tracks
and did some tricks with Pa's vocals, in addition to some video editing to give it an old retro look.

Last edited:
For Season of the ukulele 261, we're asked to play collaborations with other musicians. And, because our host mentioned that he wanted to see “old faces”, and because I’m a rather obtuse sort, I thought it might be time for a duet with our old buddy Lynda, perhaps better known as Bird’s Eye View of my Uke, with whom I share a deep love for T. ( and Tyrannosaurus) Rex (I think I can speak for Lynda and also say that we’re very fond of BanjoRex too). I know I speak for us all when I say we miss Lynda's contributions and fantastic presence on these boards - it really hasn't been as vibrant a place because of her absence these past few months.

So here's Tyrannosaurus Rex’ “Mustang Ford", originally posted by BEV in season 216. Lynda plays a soprano uke and sings - I overdubbed a Ubass line and harmony vocal.

Last edited:
Iam faced with an interesting conundrum this Season. Iam going to be playing music with other Musicians and Ukers For maybe 7 or 8 hours this week. I'll be leaving for the first sessiun shortly. The second Sessiun will be an all Day affair next Saturday Ukulele Harmonic Convergence 2017 . My problem is I don't have the equipment to record any of this good music. I have always relied upon the kindness of Strangers and that will likely be the case this Season. None of the ukulele groups Iam a member of are near enough for me to get together for a formal recording/jam sessiun. So Here is a little flotsam from last years Harmonic Converggence until we see what the tide brings in. I think it meets all the rules.

I love this Davey- this is the one that has been missing. Thanks for posting it for me.
Hello all i cant promis anything new as i am pretty sick but i want to be involved for my dear friend TCK so at least i have these old memories to share .

Well The remarkable Mr. Duncan asked me to do something to one of his songs,
and I thought... Yeah I'll do that when pigs fly... not wanting to set my lame effort
against the master. Well what do you know, I have learnt how to make pigs fly, and
with the help of cascading and reversed Uke track I managed to come up with something,
and since it is near Valentines, I threw in some hearts as well... you can never have enough heart.

Last edited:
This season looks like it will produce far more videos than you received with your first attempt. More importantly, it promises to create many interesting and meaningful interactions among us all. Thanks TCK!

First, when I started on here I was often discouraged with the results of my efforts...and posted videos with great trepidation. There was always one guy (well, there were several) who was always the first to comment with the kindest words of encouragement. I know some of you may not have met UkuleleDavey, the attic man yet...so I wanted to introduce him properly and invite you to watch he and Simon doing their thing. I added his videos to a separate playlist because I love them- think you will too.
Second- for all you that have said you have a friend you want to play with...do it! Tell them I need it!!!! Encourage, inspire, and create- please. Tommy- please get some of your group for us...Any cell phone will do, we gotta see it!
Third- WE HAVE FIVE VIDEOS ALREADY! It took until Wednesday to have that many last time! Please, keep them coming. I am just over the moon this morning.

Wee Ginga Yin (and Pa) I love that no matter what, Pa is FIRST. I remember when he first posted this tune- I think it was one of the first I saw him do and it made me spit my coffee out it was so good. Fast forward to your tasteful additions…the added depth makes this so sonically wonderful. Cleaning up my coffee again. What a great start, thank you. Beautiful work here Rob.

xommen I am a sentimental guy…and I am not going to lie. The fact that you and your wife are playing together has me struggling with my allergies (eyes watering…dang it). She is a perfectly lovely addition to your thing mate, and if I could have articulated what I was hoping for this week, well…here we go. Excellent tune, perfect delivery. Thank you for this.

Xommen The happiness here is palpable. I am so happy that we got to meet your wife this week. Another well done song that is perfect in every way. Huge smile here in the ‘Dale. Thanks for playing these for us mate!

Ukefoote I know another guy who loves T-Rex, and I too miss BEV…This is absolutely fantastic! The added bass line here and vocal harmony round this out so wonderfully, but you always leave me with parts of exploded head to clean up. PERFECT addition to the season and thanks for bringing Lynda back in spirit. I do hope she this and all the comments it is going to get. Thank you sir. Hat is tipped.

Wee GInga Yin (and Jon)- Lame effort my foot! Mate you are a master and these low- budget collaborations are making me smile ear to ear! Excellent work here giving the song a greater depth and lulling us into a gentle slumber for sure (as it was intended a lullabye, not because it is anything less than awesome). Jon is gonna be so stoked! Thanks for another mate.

So just remember folks we not just saving lives, we're saving souls,
And we're having fun.
- Frank Turner, from "I Still Believe"

Last edited:
Awwww such lovely words TcK many thanks and you nhave been a great friend as many have on this beautiful community.
Well if im well enough on wednesday i will see if I can MAKE uke club and pester Simon and some others to do a song.
As i am here and got the green light with the old stuff well think of it as re issued or recycled waste lol. Here in the present this video is very poignant to me those that know me will know why and thanks for all the support on so many levels. You know i love you guys x

<TCK>About four years ago one of the greatest eras in my life came to end. I used to belong to this crazy ukulele band called Toucan Sam & The Fruitloops. It was a band consisting of anywhere from twelve to eighteen members at any given time. We would play out in Portland at clubs, bars and on the streets. We wore spandex and silly hates. We would cover mostly punk songs. That was fun. Luckily for me I'm still in touch with most of these people. We all knew it had to come to end at some point but most of us still realize what a special thing it was. To stage dive in a cloud of glitter holding my ukulele into a crowd of about ten nutty folks dancing to a uke mashup of Teenage Kicks/Some Kind Of Hate, well that's a special thing. And TCK was born to be a part of this group, but it's hard to be in a band when you live hundreds of miles away.
Anyway, last night was the first time in four years that at least half of that band were together in one place. It was a house warming party, and after the keg was tapped and the fire was stoked the ukuleles came out. We haven't played these songs together in years, but we managed to pull this one out in one take. I sure did need this. Good times.</TCK>

Top Bottom