problems registering for UU??

janeray1940

Reaction score
Hi - I'm just passing this along in case it's helpful. Over on the Flea Market Music site, at least two people have expressed having difficulty registering for UU - something about a random question? I registered so many years ago that I recall nothing about the process, but below is an example what they're saying.

Original Post By:Date: 1/31/2017 11:42:04 AM
Still can't figure out the answer to the question "what is the name of this forum?" Will appreciate help from a UU'er out there. Do I have to sign up for a course in order to register for the forums? Excellent feedback rating under horsehvnhill on eBay. I'm harmless and just want to join up with other uke'rs!
Posted By:Date: 2/1/2017 4:00:56 PM
Sounds like one of those questions designed to filter out spambots. I'm guessing the answer is "Ukulele Underground."
empty.gif
Posted By:Date: 2/1/2017 10:34:33 PM
Yep, tried that one as well as a bunch of others in a plethora of combinations and permutations. Nada. Thought there might be a secret password, code or handshake. The spam filter might be stuck; will attempt again in a few days. Thank you for your help!
empty.gif
Posted By:Date: 2/1/2017 10:56:50 PM
How about messaging Aldine Guerrero on Facebook and telling him the problem you are having with his site? Maybe his tech guy can contact you. I had a problem logging in some years back. I had to create a new login and start all over as a new user. Good luck!
Posted By:Date: 2/3/2017 2:25:03 PM
Might be an odd question, but do you have any kind of just-on-your-own-computer blocking/non-tacking software on your browser? I use Ghostery on my Mac with Safari and it will throw odd things occasionally with sites that are pulling info about me. I just temporarily "pause" the Ghostery blocking and those sites typically go back to the behavior they were supposed to have. Or, try another browser?
empty.gif
Posted By:Date: 2/3/2017 6:41:08 PM
I FINALLY GOT THROUGH! Thank you all. Especially my wise-guy husband. If anyone else gets stuck, click on the faint grey "x" at the right side of the answer box. THEN type in an answer to the random question. And that was the secret handshake. Aloha!
empty.gif
Posted By:Date: 2/12/2017 9:40:45 PM
i tried registering too and i don't see a faint grey x anywhere near the answer box? i tried highlighting everything on the page + zooming in and i can't seem to find it. the random question is also showing up for me as "what is this forum about?"

I know someone else recently had issues with the random question refusing to accept all of the obvious answers. He did eventually get in, but it does look as if there is an issue which could be defeating some potential new members.

lol..yes...the answer to the random question is easily done...but you must think more than simple...Graham had to help me...and I thank him thoroughly for that. Otherwise I'd still be waiting to register and enjoy the Seasons.

Okay, gotta get this off my chest first thing then I'll be a happier camper! That registration process is great IF you know what the answer to the (notso) random question is!!! Took me days - couldn't complain to administrators because of the SAME ISSUE! Emailed a muckymuck but with no reply!!

Chuck Barnett :)

My friend Jim, an irregular contributor to the Seasons of the Ukulele, has forgotten his UU Password. When he tried to recover the password he gets asked the question "What is this forum about?" the old answer does not appear to work any more (either in singular, plural with capital letters or without - and all points in between). Has that been changed to avoid spammers? If so could someone please PM me with the latest answer so I can send it on to Jim.

Thanks in advance,

Berni (Barbablanca)

took me awhile of denial too....
then i stopped spelling 'ukulele properly.
is there no cloud of optional correct answers?
the question seems to be a prompt for later personal re-entry rather than for UU registration.

This problem continues. It took me several weeks of trying to register everyday to get in. I entered every version and spelling of ukulele and uke I could think of......over and over. It kept telling me I was answering the question wrong. I can't remember what word worked, since I'd put the same ones in so many times. Seems totally random, but very frustrating.

Sorry to hear about this. PM sent to Moderator.
Thanks for your patience!

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys. I'll ask admin to see if this can get fixed ASAP.

Ok, Ryan says he's given the variations a bit of a tweak. There are a few more configurations of the word that should now work.

Maybe your friend could try?

Thanks.

Top Bottom