Name that uke

Ziret

Reaction score
I noticed many of us have named our ukes. Time to out of the closet. What did you name yours, and why?

Guess I'll be the first one to go the other way. I refer to my ukes either by the style or manufacturer; gypsy jazz, mandolele, Kala, Godin, brown burst, spalted, two hole. I never was one to anthropomorphize inanimate objects.

One of mine is named after the Welsh town Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch... and the other one is called Bob...

Guess I'll be the first one to go the other way. I refer to my ukes either by the style or manufacturer; gypsy jazz, mandolele, Kala, Godin, brown burst, spalted, two hole. I never was one to anthropomorphize inanimate objects.

This is how I do it too.
For the one my wife doesn't recognize, it is "the one I had around, you know? Don't remember??"

Guess I'll be the first one to go the other way. I refer to my ukes either by the style or manufacturer... I never was one to anthropomorphize inanimate objects.

Me neither. I call mine either by the model/brand or by the color (if different).

I haven't named mine, I was truly interested to hear from those who have. Rather than those who haven't. I thought there'd be some good stories.

Top Bottom