Luthiers for a Cause Project Announcement

Quick update here. Jay Lichty's wife, Corrie Woods, did a super job creating this video introduction to the project. The beautiful music is by Jay Lichty and is a song titled "Hope" that he wrote for the Ukulele Kids Club.

We are about 10 days away from opening an online store with LFAC merchandise, with 100% of all profit going direct to The Ukulele Kids Club. We'll have shirts (many colors and styles), hats and beanies all embroidered with the logo for a classy look. We'll also have printed microfiber cleaning cloths.

We are about 10 days away from opening an online store with LFAC merchandise, with 100% of all profit going direct to The Ukulele Kids Club. We'll have shirts (many colors and styles), hats and beanies all embroidered with the logo for a classy look. We'll also have printed microfiber cleaning cloths.

Congrats! Looking forward to contributing!

Fanatastic stuff Eddie as always. Count me in on buying the merchadise you have come up with. I really love the logo and it is for a great cause.

I love the idea and motivation behind this project and the cause it serves.

You can also count me in for some of the logo merchandise, likely a t-shirt or two, a hat and maybe some stickers or similar...

Kudos to you Eddie for putting this together! :shaka:

Quick update here. Jay Lichty's wife, Corrie Woods, did a super job creating this video introduction to the project. The beautiful music is by Jay Lichty and is a song titled "Hope" that he wrote for the Ukulele Kids Club.

Please post what the URL is for the store to support this initiative.

Man, what a nice composition and killer sounding baritone ukulele!

Congrats Eddie! Nice to see this project coming fruition. Look forward to viewing the online store.

All -

The LFAC merchandise store is up! Remember, all profit from sales (typically $10-15/item) goes directly to the Ukulele Kids Club!

http://www.dartermall.com/ukulelekidsclub/luthiers-for-a-cause.htm

Everything is made to order and will typically ship within a week of order. Be sure to check sizing guidelines for each article.

Thanks for you continued enthusiasm for the project!

Best, Eddie

Aloha, Eddie! My order is in. Can't wait to see the instruments at UGH in November.

Mahalo!

I've had some questions about international orders as the store currently only ships to U.S. I'll check into that and report back. Worst case, I'll order and ship to you if we have to!

US folks, get those orders in! ;-)

Just ordered two T-shirts, and last week we played for the kids at UCLA/Mattel Children's Wing and gave away four more ukes from The Ukulele Kids Club, plus I just donated for eight more ukes. Love this cross pollination.

I'll wait for your update on international orders Eddie :)

Good news for our Canadian friends, Canadian orders please e-mail Jan@darterpress.com or call 203-699-9805 as they will need to quote you price with shipping.

For other international orders, I need to think about how we might accommodate you as Darter Specialties is not set up to deal with international custom forms, etc. I will report back what we can do, if anything, once I've figured that out.

Input on Raffle Idea

I previously shared we are evaluating a raffle for one (or more) of the Luthiers for a Cause instruments. We want to keep it relatively simple and we of course want to raise as much money as possible for The Ukulele Kids Club.

I'd like to pose a few questions and would really appreciate people's input.

1) Would you rather:

(a) spend $50 for a raffle ticket with an unlimited number of tickets sold and have the uke randomly selected from the six project ukes (e.g., we roll a dice to determine which of the six the winner gets); or,

(b) spend $100 for a raffle ticket with a cap of 200 tickets being sold and you get "pick of the litter"?

2) Would you rather we:

(a) Have six simultaneous raffles, one per instrument. This way people can enter a raffle for any of the instruments that interest them. We would set a minimum number of tickets at $50 must be sold (say, 150) otherwise the money is refunded and we sell the instrument by auction; or,

(b) Raffle one instrument and auction the others, which allows those who really want a particular instrument the best odds of getting the exact one they want.

Thanks for your input!!

Hi Eddie I like 1b as I think this is a good amount to donate if I do not win the raffle....:) and I would like to pick which uke I can win as 20k is a lot...:)
I got to ask are you going to have a way to have the winner not sell the uke for his/her profit? or once the winner gets it they can do whatever they want?

Hi Eddie,

I would go for 100$ per ticket with no cap (with a minimum of 50 tickets sold for example), and select randomly the uke, so a mix of 1a. and 1b. :)
If I have to chose, 1b.

Otherwise, strong preference for 2b (too many raffles kill the concept imho).

Thanks, all. Keep the input coming, please.

Len (@Hawaii50), we have no way to restrict re-sale by the winner. A winner can do as they please.

Thanks, all. Keep the input coming, please.

Len (@Hawaii50), we have no way to restrict re-sale by the winner. A winner can do as they please.

thanks Eddie sounds good..let me know when raffle tickets for sale...

Top Bottom